IPTV Program Artwork

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Artwork for programs received via iptv doesnt appear to be sized as expected and as a result is not cropped very nicely.

if the image is in landscape then top and bottom is cropped which is ok but when the image is in portrait it looks terrible e.g., 58ff77cc3e799_Capture.png

epg source is schedules direct

• Like 1

maegibbons

WoW.  Getting picky now arnt we ? :P

Things must generally be working well for you..

I would prefer to get the transcoding on record to mkv working properly and error detection on stream copy recording included too.

Krs

Mark

That happens when mixing different aspect ratios into a single view. We don't have the aspect ratios ahead of time so we can't predict the sizes of the images.

Spaceboy

WoW. Getting picky now arnt we ? :P

Things must generally be working well for you..

I would prefer to get the transcoding on record to mkv working properly and error detection on stream copy recording included too.

Krs

Mark

Just logging the issue [emoji16]

I support your preferences but I'm not holding my breath.

Spaceboy

That happens when mixing different aspect ratios into a single view. We don't have the aspect ratios ahead of time so we can't predict the sizes of the images.

does it look this bad with hdhomerun?

Spaceboy

I'm not sure what you're asking, sorry, but no I don't think it looks bad.

you don't think the above or this look ridiculous?

dbe155f394833b1847a7e72197be2245.jpg

This from the iOS app

I don't think it looks great, but what would you prefer between that and respecting original image aspect ratio which will mean lots of empty white space.

Spaceboy

Well looking at my what's on row the images are predominantly portrait, so you could always display them in portrait rather than cropping? Other's mileage may vary

Other than that, find a size that better suits both landscape and portrait and use that tool that you had to create the coloured cards to fill in round the edges?

Not settling for photos with heads cut off really

Spaceboy

so, just to provide more evidence for this. today, out of the 8 shows in my "On Now" section of live tv, 7 of the program artwork should have been in portrait and have ended up being severely cropped by emby. only one program had artwork that should have been landscape.

On the sports row, its 8 from 8 that should have been in portrait so all are cropped