TV recordings end early when set to transcode automatically

yavin4

yavin4

When I have "Automatically convert recordings to a streaming friendly format" enabled, the recordings end early (especially on HD channels). I have it set to start 3 minutes early, and end 5 minutes late. I noticed that the transcoding process stops 5 minutes after the show has ended, even if it is not 100% done. The example from today, and what is included in the logs, is a show that went from 4-5pm. The recording ended up being 44 minutes long, and the last log entry for transcoding was at 5:05.

I attached the transcode log. Let me know if you need anything else from me to help troubleshoot.

I have a HDHomeRunConnect at the latest firmware, and the Emby server (3.2.13.0) is running on Ubuntu 16.04 with 4GB of ram and a 2.4GHz Xenon processor.

transcode1.txt

hi @@yavin4

this is a situation we hadn't considered before. in your case, the recording conversion process is actually running slower than the speed of broadcast, therefore once the broadcast is over the conversion hasn't completed yet. Previously we would terminate the recording, thus leading to your issue of the recording ending early.

This is resolved for the next release, thanks.