Roku Beta: Channels not available yet

bardmaster

bardmaster

When I open the Emby Roku app (beta) and go straight to Live TV and try to start the Guide or go into one of the "On Now" shows, I get "Channels not available yet, please try again in a few seconds."  If there is no way to improve on the speed the channels do become available (which would of course be awesome), a recommendation might be to delay with the spinning circle prior to allowing user entry into the Live TV section.

Also, I encountered an anomaly when this occurs:  When one clicks on Guide (or a featured channel) and the "channels not available" popup appears, the cursor sometimes becomes invisible and horizontal scrolling no longer works until you click the back button.  I sent a logfile of this.

Roku 3 - 4E6539027934

• 1 month later...
gene0915

When I open the Emby Roku app (beta) and go straight to Live TV and try to start the Guide or go into one of the "On Now" shows, I get "Channels not available yet, please try again in a few seconds."  If there is no way to improve on the speed the channels do become available (which would of course be awesome), a recommendation might be to delay with the spinning circle prior to allowing user entry into the Live TV section.

Also, I encountered an anomaly when this occurs:  When one clicks on Guide (or a featured channel) and the "channels not available" popup appears, the cursor sometimes becomes invisible and horizontal scrolling no longer works until you click the back button.  I sent a logfile of this.

Roku 3 - 4E6539027934

Sorry to necro an old thread but I recently upgraded to Emby Premiere so my brother could stream live TV from me and he had the same problem. The fix was for him to change the bandwidth down from "Max or Auto or whatever it was" down to about 2.5 megs up and the issue disappeared.

bardmaster

@@gene0915 what exactly was the original problem you were having?

In Live TV, we both experience the same anomaly if you click too quickly into one of the "on now" channels, to the right of the Guide. The "channels not yet available" popup appears and prevents opening the channel, but the outline-cursor disappears so you can't tell where your cursor is anymore.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In Live TV, we both experience the same anomaly if you click too quickly into one of the "on now" channels, to the right of the Guide. The "channels not yet available" popup appears and prevents opening the channel, but the outline-cursor disappears so you can't tell where your cursor is anymore.

You get that message when clicking on one of the programs...?

bardmaster

You get that message when clicking on one of the programs...?

Well this was an old post that was resurrected. When I went back in and tested on the beta I did not experience this anomaly.

What is curious, however, is a cursor snapback when you click into Live TV then scroll to the right of the Guide. Almost every time I right arrow and the cursor jumps back to the Guide. A bit disorienting and makes you pause, but easily recoverable. Thought I'd bring it up! :)