Roku Beta: Hitting the Roku "back" button exits Emby

bardmaster

bardmaster

Hi - just sent a log from Roku:  I was watching Live TV (the movie Gladiator) and hit the back button and the only option it gave me was the popup to exit Emby or cancel and go back to the movie, vs. going back to the Live TV section.  This is from the Matrix server under my username bardmaster.

Roku 2 - 5F461P192081
Roku SG 3.0.18
Edited by bardmaster

If that was the only option you had, how did you send the log?  Did you have to exit and come back in?

Can you reproduce it?

bardmaster

This happened again, watching Live TV (channel 762).  I did have to exit the Roku channel and go back in to send the log.  Server name "Matrix."

Roku 2 - 5F461P192081
Roku SG 3.0.18

Thanks but, unfortunately, restarting the app is going to clear out the logs.

Can you determine anything common about the two sessions where this happened?

• 2 weeks later...
bardmaster

This happened to a live stream again today.  I cannot provide a log from Roku but here is a screenshot to prove I'm not going crazy! :}

post-206588-0-93384200-1494301537_thumb.jpg

Did you hit it once and nothing happened and then hit it again?

How had you started playing the channel?  I mean from where - live TV library, guide, home screen...?

bardmaster

If I hit OK Emby exits if that's what you're asking.

I believe this happens when selecting a show directly from the Live TV library, not via the guide.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What I meant was, when you were watching the video, did you hit "back" and nothing seemed to happen so you hit it again and then that box came up?

bardmaster

No, hitting back once invokes the exit popup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
bardmaster

This anomaly happened again and I just sent a log from Matrix.  I was watching the movie Logan on Roku beta 3.0.30, hit the Roku "Back" button, and got the "Do you really want to exit Emby?" popup.  This time I hit cancel and instead hit the Play button, which curiously took me back to the point I had started watching the movie today - about 20 minutes earlier in the show.  I was able to hit Back from here and send the log file.

Thanks.  This kind of looks like "keybounce" on the remote.  Based on your log, it looks like we received two back requests in quick succession.