Argus TV - naming format for recordings

elsmandino

elsmandino

Hi,

I am currently using Argus TV (on my server) to schedule and make all my recordings and I use XBMC and Mediaportal with Argus plugins to watch the recordings.

I tried putting MB3 on my server and am loving it now.

Although I have dedicated "TV" and "Movie" folders set up, which I have added, I was wondering whether there was any way to automatically have new recordings added to my Media Browser library.

Argus allows you to have two separate recording formats - one for series recordings and one for one of recordings.

I have set up the first one with the following structure:

TV/Title/Season/S01E02_EpisodeName

Then added the "TV" folder to Media Browser and told it that it contained TV programmes.  This has been working fine and everytime a programme is recorded, it shows up shortly in the correct place in TV series. 

My question, however, is what to do with one off recordings as this would include both films and one-off programmes.

Can anyone think of a format that would be acceptable to both films and documentaries?  I could then have both types of file added to a folder called "MoviesTV" and mark it as "Mixed".

Hope this makes sense - let me know if not.

Thanks v much.

Koleckai Silvestri

There is an "Auto-Organize" feature coming soon. It will watch a folder such as live TV, take episodes, rename them and move them to your Media Folders once available.

I have my Documentaries Media Folder listed as Mixed and it has both movies and television episodes in it. Television is all one off episodes though. I haven't moved any series there yet. I'll have to play with that configuration.

It's fairly easy to sort that with Argus TV.

Below the standard defaults for one offs and series there's the ability to create custom file formats. Create one for Documentaries as something like Documentaries\%%title%% etc

Once done, create a schedule, then in advanced you can pick the file format to use which'll save it to the separate Documentaries folder. :D

Edited by paulcdb

elsmandino

Fantastic - thank you both so much.

I had not realised that you could set, in advance, different formats when you schedule a recording.

This means that I can have a single folder for all my TV recordings and another for Films - I can set the default for series and one-off recordings using the same abovementioned format and then a separate one for Films.  I then just have to make sure that when I record a film, I remember to tell it to use to the different format.

I shall give this a try tonight and see how I get on.

One other quick question - is actually necessary to have the following structure for TV Series -

TV Series/Seinfeld/Season 1/S01E01 The Seinfeld Chronicles

Or can I get away with this -

TV Series/Seinfeld/S01E01 The Seinfeld Chronicles

That is, without the season folder?

There seems to be a lot of debate on this forum about whether you actually need the additional folder - what is the official position on this?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...