CoverArt Folder Treatment

Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Is there a reason Folder treatment was remove in 4.0.27.0?  Now My Media has no treatment.

Yes, sorry.  We are trying to simplify things as much as possible to reduce the performance problems.

One2Go

I also do have movie folders covered by a top folder, while the movie folders themselves get the artwork treatment, the one that is the top folder does not. Is the removal the explanation for that?

I did use a plank PNG template that I had from days gone by and added a rounded corner poster on top of it that it looks similar to the ones that receive the treatment, however they are a bit smaller. Is there any chance to manually make them look like the ones that receive the treatment?

Happy2Play

I also do have movie folders covered by a top folder, while the movie folders themselves get the artwork treatment, the one that is the top folder does not. Is the removal the explanation for that?

I did use a plank PNG template that I had from days gone by and added a rounded corner poster on top of it that it looks similar to the ones that receive the treatment, however they are a bit smaller. Is there any chance to manually make them look like the ones that receive the treatment?

I reinstalled .25 and dug through the cache folder to saved the treated images.

@@ebr

Look like if you only use thumb images you can still get cover treatment.  If you have a Primary image it will not get treated.

CA uninstalled

58fdb27669af9_without.jpg

CA installed

58fdb29124a77_with.jpg

If I remember correctly if you didn't have a Primary image one gets auto generated and then you loose treatment.  Will have to test this again.

Edit quick test deleting primary and refreshing library proves above statement.  A Primary image is generated.

@@Luke

Could My Media be configured to thumb image instead of poster/primary?

Edited by Happy2Play

Okay, so are both of you guys just using a simple treatment like that (meaning no collage or multi-disc stuff)?

We could potentially bring those back.  It is just the treatments that have to go get children that are a problem.

One2Go

No treatment of children, all my movie, TV and episodes get the treatment it is the top folder that does not get a treatment.

Top folder Animatrix no treatment, 10 subfolders with different clips get the treatment. So to make the top folder look similar to the other Matrix folders I created manual one that looks similar, very time consuming. Just treat a single top folder that has other movie folders within it.

Happy2Play

My Media needs treatment.  Looks odd with untreated top section and treated subsection.

@@Luke can My Media be changed to Thumbs instead of Primary to allow treatment?

We used to do that but the image editor defaults to primary, and it just led to troubleshooting over why isn't my custom image showing up, because you were suppose to use the thumb type.

Happy2Play

We used to do that but the image editor defaults to primary, and it just led to troubleshooting over why isn't my custom image showing up, because you were suppose to use the thumb type.

Okay can the server not generate a Primary image if a Thumb is present so we can have treatment in My Media?

I need to understand this a little better. Why wouldn't you just customize the primary instead?

Happy2Play

I need to understand this a little better. Why wouldn't you just customize the primary instead?

I do as you can see above, but you get a plain square image where TV and Movies get a treatment in subsections

590678662e658_treatment.jpg

Happy2Play

Happy - can you try this version of CA and see if it does what  you need?

attachicon.gifCoverArt.zip

Works on Library folders but not Channel folders with (Display channels as media folders) enabled.