1.3.35 playback errors on razer forge

Vidman

Vidman

With this latest version a large amount of my media has playback issues that do not occur with other apps. Faults ranging from giving up after too many tries, video freezing, videos not resuming(always staying from the beginning when trying to resume and unable to seek at all, trying to seek also just restarts from the beginning) and recorded tv will not play from the beginning-but will play if selecting any other chapter to resume from(this is happening on my shield tv also).

Also my shield will not tune to some channels that work fine in other apps, but I can open another thread for that if you prefer.

I have been sending logs

Edited by Vidman

I have been sending logs

Thanks but, without the information that is detailed as needed when sending an app log, I cannot locate it to investigate.

Emby for Android TV/Fire TV and Emby for Roku (New Beta version only) Logs

These apps have the option to send an app log to us electronically.  You enter the settings page and turn on the "Debug Options".  Now there will be a new tile on your home page settings row labelled "Send Log".  Reproduce your problem and then use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

Vidman

Logs sent 5:50 there is only one user

Tried to start family guy s08e02 from different chapter points always start at beginning (I did not do it in the logs I sent but also any attempt to skip restarts the episode from the beginning)

Vidman

Logs sent 5:57 same user. Attempted to play recorded movie "gone" from beginning playback failed , retried from first chapter and playback started from that chapter

Vidman

Logs sent 6:00 attempted to playback Bond movie "a view to a kill" received toast message "Too many errors. Giving up"

Logs sent 5:57 same user. Attempted to play recorded movie "gone" from beginning playback failed , retried from first chapter and playback started from that chapter

The audio track on this one appears to be unsupported on the device so when we try to switch to it the player craps out.  Can I see the media info for it from the web app?  Does this item play on the Shield?

Logs sent 5:50 there is only one user

Tried to start family guy s08e02 from different chapter points always start at beginning (I did not do it in the logs I sent but also any attempt to skip restarts the episode from the beginning)

When we attempt to seek this item we get the following:

04-24 05:50:35.131 26637 26637 I System.out: Exo length in seek is: 1312575
04-24 05:50:35.131 26637 26637 I System.out: positionDiscontinuity

That seems like a pretty small length but it is larger than the position you are trying to seek to.  Still, there is something with the data that is out of sync.

Logs sent 6:00 attempted to playback Bond movie "a view to a kill" received toast message "Too many errors. Giving up"

Another problem with the audio track on the device:

04-24 06:00:10.856 26637 26637 I System.out: ***** Got error from Exo player: AudioTrack init failed: 0, Config(48000, 252, 20480)

Does this one play okay on the Shield?

Vidman

The audio track on this one appears to be unsupported on the device so when we try to switch to it the player craps out. Can I see the media info for it from the web app? Does this item play on the Shield?

The same thing happen on sheild with recorded tv. Will not play from beginning I must start from second chapter to allow playback4e95ee5385e06bd959a8352117ca4f24.jpg

I have just changed the setting under live tv to transcode the audio. I will see how that works

Edited by Vidman

Vidman

04-24 06:00:10.856 26637 26637 I System.out: ***** Got error from Exo player: AudioTrack init failed: 0, Config(48000, 252, 20480)
Yes it plays on sheild ok but sheild passes through most audio to my avr if that makes a difference Edited by Vidman

Vidman

04-24 05:50:35.131 26637 26637 I System.out: Exo length in seek is: 1312575
04-24 05:50:35.131 26637 26637 I System.out: positionDiscontinuity

That seems like a pretty small length but it is larger than the position you are trying to seek to. Still, there is something with the data that is out of sync.
Something I can do to rectify?

Vidman

OK so the forge is just connected to small bedroom tv so the changed the audio output in the app to downmix to stereo and now those items are playable

Vidman

04-24 05:50:35.131 26637 26637 I System.out: Exo length in seek is: 131257504-24 05:50:35.131 26637 26637 I System.out: positionDiscontinuity
That seems like a pretty small length but it is larger than the position you are trying to seek to. Still, there is something with the data that is out of sync.
Refreshing info for this item resolved the issue

To note I've recently switched my server that is running my emby server from FreeNAS 9.3 to 10 then back to 9.10 so something's may have gotten messed up there

Edited by Vidman

Vidman

Yea pretty much, I've yet to check any recordings since changing the audio transcoding for live tv tho