What's the best way to refresh Kodi library?

mbguy
Go to solution Solved by CBers,

mbguy

I frequently make changes on the Windows server side (adding/removing shows and movies etc) but Emby on Kodi is not receiving these changes consistently.

Sometimes new shows added on server side are not added despite forcing a "Update Library" inside Kodi. Sometimes old shows that have been removed on the server are not removed either. These changes have been verified using the web browser.

I do have the incremental sync plugin installed and that seems to be adding new files from time to time, but not consistent either until I shut down Kodi and restart it again, then incremental sync works right after Kodi startup.

I guess I can always force a database reset but I'd rather find out how to prevent / troubleshoot this issue because the same problem happens again after a complete database reset before.

Edited by mbguy

Vidman

The add-on handles library updates, you should not be using the Kodi library refresh function, I believe using it can yeild unexpected results

• Like 2

mbguy

Thanks for the manual sync advice, now the new episodes are added properly.

But one problem remains. All the little .mts files inside /BDMV folders in the movie library are being listed as individual titles in Kodi's "Recently added" and "Movies".

Web browser and Roku don't display these .mts files as movies at all so the problem is isolated to Kodi again. How can this be fixed?

I really like the speed, power and flexibility of Kodi but sometimes it's a frustrating experience compared to the relatively problems-free experience of Emby on Roku and Apple TV :(

mbguy

So why use Kodi then?

As stated above: "I really like the speed, power and flexibility of Kodi.."

The problem remains that tiny .mts files inside /BDMV folders are being recognized as movie titles, even after Manual sync and repair database. Web browser, Roku and AppleTV don't show these movie titles, just Kodi.

Maybe a complete database rebuild is necessary? 

Edited by mbguy

Angelblue05

To be honest, you are the only person to have reported this issue, I think.

I don't see how this can be possible, unless Emby returns those as movies. When importing, we ask Emby to return type "Movies" and that's what is added. Are you sure the mts file do not display if you select the movie in the webclient?

• Like 1

mbguy

The only other possibility I can think of is, when I created the database I used htttp so switching over to direct path AFTER the database is created may be causing the issue. In any case, I will rebuild database from scratch and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for confirming.

mbguy

Are you sure the mts file do not display if you select the movie in the webclient?

Yes I tested web client, Emby and Appletv clients none of them displays those. I will rebuild the Kodi and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks.

• Like 1

• Solution
CBers

The only other possibility I can think of is, when I created the database I used htttp so switching over to direct path AFTER the database is created may be causing the issue. In any case, I will rebuild database from scratch and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for confirming.

If you change from http playback to direct, you have to reset the database, as the paths will be different.

• Like 2