ETA on tizen EU region? Or alternate way of installation?

Suspense

Suspense

Are there any ETA on the tizen app for EU? Or can you guys look into a way of installing via developer mode?

It is very troublesome having all EU apps being deleted everytime you switch to US in order to use Emby

Regards

• Like 1

Hi, not yet. We're working as hard as we can to get the app released in additional locations. Thanks !

Suspense

Hi, not yet. We're working as hard as we can to get the app released in additional locations. Thanks !

Thanks for the response.

An additional question:

Older samsung TVs seem to be unable to make use of Emby connect, instead they must use IP and port.

When doing this, they gain direct access to the Emby server, without a user account - This means content cannot be restricted to these TVs. 

Am i missing something here? Or is this really the case?

Regards

No that's not true, there is always a user account. After entering the IP information, then they sign in with an emby user that you have set up for them on your local emby server. Does this help?

• Like 2

Suspense

No that's not true, there is always a user account. After entering the IP information, then they sign in with an emby user that you have set up for them on your local emby server. Does this help?

I had my cousin try this, he entered the IP and then it asked if he wanted to log in. He said he just said no to this, and he had access. I could also see he was streaming using his samsung TV, but it indicated no username.

Do i need to enable a setting somewhere to force authentication?

Regards

CBers

I had my cousin try this, he entered the IP and then it asked if he wanted to log in. He said he just said no to this, and he had access. I could also see he was streaming using his samsung TV, but it indicated no username.

Do i need to enable a setting somewhere to force authentication?

Regards

You said above "Older samsung TVs", so do you mean Orsay rather than Tizen?

Suspense

I believe its a 2012 model, so probably not Tizen right?. 

Ive got a much older one myself, so ill check on that tv too, are authentication supported on those older TVs? Pre-Tizen.

FrostByte

I believe its a 2012 model, so probably not Tizen right?. 

Ive got a much older one myself, so ill check on that tv too, are authentication supported on those older TVs? Pre-Tizen.

Correct, if you have a 2012 then it's probably an E-series model and would be running the older legacy OS called Orsay

Can you tell us which version of the Orsay app you have loaded on that TV?  Though it doesn't use "connect" the Orsay app does user Emby userids which are restricted to what they have permissions to see on the server.  I'm going to have to delete the app and test that out because I wasn't aware you could just say no to logging on and have access total access. 

Suspense

Correct, if you have a 2012 then it's probably an E-series model and would be running the older legacy OS called Orsay

Can you tell us which version of the Orsay app you have loaded on that TV?  Though it doesn't use "connect" the Orsay app does user Emby userids which are restricted to what they have permissions to see on the server.  I'm going to have to delete the app and test that out because I wasn't aware you could just say no to logging on and have access total access. 

When he streams it says samsung TV 2.2.2

He is able to write a username nad password although the process is very problematic, it was so difficult for him to write his info that he just gave up

So he just answers no, and is now streaming via the local admin account without using any login info whatsoever. 

FrostByte

Okay, you have the latest.

I just deleted the app now and after entering the IP all I see are the quick logon avatars for all my users which I can use to log on (that is the easiest way if he can do that) and an option for manually logging on.

I do agree that the manual logging on is very difficult depending on which remote you have.  However, if you type it in wrong it tells you so and doesn't allow you to log on.  I'm not seeing anything that says no there even after typing in the password wrong several times.

The only way I have found that you can get in without a password is if one of the users has no password associated with it.  Remember this is server userid and not connect.  If any of your admin accounts has no password then it will allow them in.  Is it possible he clicked on one of them since he had troubles with the manual logon?

Also, is it possible you could try loading it on your 2012 and testing it there?  Then you could describe exactly what you're seeing and the steps you took

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Suspense

Okay, you have the latest.

I just deleted the app now and after entering the IP all I see are the quick logon avatars for all my users which I can use to log on (that is the easiest way if he can do that) and an option for manually logging on.

I do agree that the manual logging on is very difficult depending on which remote you have.  However, if you type it in wrong it tells you so and doesn't allow you to log on.  I'm not seeing anything that says no there even after typing in the password wrong several times.

The only way I have found that you can get in without a password is if one of the users has no password associated with it.  Remember this is server userid and not connect.  If any of your admin accounts has no password then it will allow them in.  Is it possible he clicked on one of them since he had troubles with the manual logon?

Also, is it possible you could try loading it on your 2012 and testing it there?  Then you could describe exactly what you're seeing and the steps you took

Maybe no password on the user was the issue, but i believe i added that after. I will test this