ability to rate for IMDB

saajan4u

saajan4u

hey

it'll be cool to rate a movie after watched which will link with an IMDB account, and using the remote control users gets to rate the movie they just watched.

apologies if that's already been requested.

cheers

Saj

• Like 1

Hi.  We can't interface with IMDb at the moment but, if we ever do in the future, this would be a nice feature.

earthtorob

There is a Tracktv plugin for Kodi that will allow you to give videos a 1 to 10 rating.  Maybe that plugin could be ported over to Emby.  Although it can be annoying.  It pops up after every movie and forces you to rate it.

Even better though.....if Emby did allow rating (beyond favorites) and then allow sorting by those ratings in combination with the ratings of the other users of that server, then those ratings would be of your peer group.  I think they would be more accurate.  My friends and I tend to like the same movies.

I will mention that the industry trend is towards much simpler rating schemes (Re: Netflix's recent change to simple thumbs up and down) and we are monitoring that.

earthtorob

I will mention that the industry trend is towards much simpler rating schemes (Re: Netflix's recent change to simple thumbs up and down) and we are monitoring that.

Oh yeah, I've noticed that too.  But we are talking about services like Pandora and Netflix or whatever two-click app people install on their cellphone.  

I think that a person interested enough in their media to build servers and configure software and configure players and then to obsess over if some of their thumbnails are actually posters or posters are actually thumbnails, that person might prefer a 5 star or 10 point rating system.

Or perhaps it's a option that could be configured before the database is configured.  Or perhaps include all three in the database and allow the user to click an "ignore" button for the fields they aren't concerned with.

Am I over simplifying this?  Maybe it's much more complicated then I think it is.