TV Station style play mode?

plexserver666

plexserver666

Wow! I've got to say you guys nailed it with this beta. Finally one of these apps with the features it should have... the playlists, the continuous play... fantastic.

I would suggest a new play mode for playlists... a TV Station mode if you will.

Currently with a playlist you can add several shows and either play through them in the order they were added or you can shuffle.

I'd like to be able to add shows to a playlist and then have them play like they would have on old regular scheduled TV... play all the 1st episodes in each series, then play all the 2nd... 3rd... etc.

That way you get the variety of watching several shows but still get the continuity of the story of each.

This is the kind of feature that those of us who always have the TV on in the background need. A "just make light and noise" mode.

Thanks!

earthtorob

I used to do that very thing with XBMC smart play lists.  The unwatched episodes of The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Bill Mahr would be added to a playlist and sorted by air date.

I imagine something like that would also be good for shows like Chicago Fire, PD and whatever.  Those shows have some overlap.

• Like 2