No Watched or Unplayed Status

Trevor68

Trevor68

Hi,

I had the issue with chocolate where it kind of broke all themes so removed it. I see the latest update added it back, and yes i can open Favorites and Movies By genre again now, on all themes, so thanks for that.

Unfortunately now i have no Watched or Unplayed status on ANYTHING, any library, again across all themes. The only view that will display anything at all is "Latest". Again this is on every theme, so Diamond, Square, Chocolate etc.

maybe I need to delete some old files????

Trevor68

its  ok, I fixed it! Chocolate was 3.0.3.8 whereas MB configurator said 3.0.3.6 was the latest, so I removed it, reinstalled 3.0.3.6 and all the recent lists work again on all themes now.

Trevor68

The one I installed as per above, 3.0.3.6 Configurator said that was the latest, I installed it, everything is working now. Well to a degree, but its not worth discussing being unable to track favorites anymore as that was obviously a design decision.

I'm not sure what "unable to track favorites" means but nothing has been changed there.

Also, that is the latest beta version of chocolate but the others are more up to date and, if there are problems with them, I need to know.  Are you on MBC 129?

Trevor68

I have no idea what "the others" means version wise. All my MB stuff is set to beta update level. Perhaps you mean Dev versions?

I will check the version of MBC when I get home tonight, but I recall it updating the other day, so it will be whatever the current beta is.

As I said I had chocolate 3.0.3.8 that caused all the problems, checking MB Configurator actually said latest version was 3.0.3.6, installing 3.0.3.6 resolved all the problems with the recent lists.

yes you have explained quite clearly that not being able to use Last Added Unwatched or Last Added Watched on favorites is the design of MB3.

I dont have to agree with it though.

Thats why I use diamond still. its the only theme that will allow me to see whats new in my favorites from the EHS screen.

I just want to come home, go to EHS, see whats new and play it. Diamond does that quite well set to "Latest" as it has the tick to show whats been watched or not in the recent list.

TBH I find the whole idea of Favorites now quite annoying, given the only one I use is TV. Why even have Music, Games and Books unless libraries actually exist for those.

Edited by Trevor68

AdrianW

TBH I find the whole idea of Favorites now quite annoying, given the only one I use is TV. Why even have Music, Games and Books unless libraries actually exist for those.

I had the same issue - but @@ebr pointed me at an option in the MBC config: "Hide empty folders", this causes empty favourite collections to be hidden as well.

Trevor68

Oh their hidden just fine, but I presume its this arrangement that caused the decision to not use recent lists for Favorites.

My point is not to hide them, its why do i have them at all. I'd much prefer to only have Favorites for libraries that ACTUALLY exist. And of course to have last added unwatched work on favorites, exactly like the plugin for favorites did in MB2.

To me this is an obvious reduction in functionality, in newer software.

Edited by Trevor68

There should be no functional difference between the recent lists of Diamond or Chocolate.  The only possible difference would be the image that is displayed for an item as Chocolate has the ability to show the season poster for an episode instead of the episode image.  So, I guess I need to see pictures of what you are seeing in each theme to try and understand your issue.

As Adrian pointed out, if you select Hide Empty Folders then you never see those other favorite collections - which is functionally equivalent to them not existing so I guess I don't understand that issue either.

Trevor68

Posted screens before showing that on Favorites from the EHS there are no recent lists. I can take them again, but you made it clear at the time thats normal MB3 behaviour, so doesnt really matter I guess.

The only way i can get anything to display in Favorites on EHS is to use "Latest", which in any other theme besides Diamond is totally pointless as then I cannot see whats been added recently.

Just rehashing old ground really, I'd point to my thread containing the screenshots but I cannot even find it, so all good. I'll just keep using Diamond.

The only way i can get anything to display in Favorites on EHS is to use "Latest", which in any other theme besides Diamond is totally pointless as then I cannot see whats been added recently.

But this is the part I'm trying to understand.  The recent lists are identical no matter what theme you use (with the possible exception of some of the really new ones because I'm not sure how they handle them).  So, if you are actually seeing different lists between chocolate and Diamond, I'm trying to figure out how that is the case.

Here is the recent list for my Favorites Media Folder on both themes - the contents are identical:

52fea9fd5c6bc_favchoc.png

52feaa10d20fc_favdiamond.png

Trevor68

This is getting pointless unless i can find the old thread, will do some more searching. I have rebuilt my laptop since then so dont have the screenshots handy, nor your explanation this this was by design.

This forum could really use a my posts link.

Trevor68

Well that's interesting, found the my Content button, but the entire thread including screenshots is missing.

back to drawing board then, I'll take some new screenshots and post them.

BTW I am not seeing any difference between chocolate or any other theme, nor did I ever say I was. Recents lists for FAVORITES has never worked, on any theme.

The original purpose of this particulare thread was to report broken recent lists on everything, not just FAVORITES. Which I reported resolved by updating chocolate.

it has evolved back into my "vanished" thread, of recent list not working JUST on Favorites.

Edited by Trevor68

The part I said was by design should be exactly the same regardless of the theme.  That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Trevor68

Ok, so 2 issues then,

1: recentlist on MY HTPC broken on favorites

2: it actually doesn't matter to me greatly, as they are useless by design anyhow, as I just recalled exactly what you told me before. Which is why I will always use Diamond.

You said that Favorites is only for TV Series, not Episodes. Therefore I can't actually see the new episodes in the recent list anyhow, only that there is "Something" new in that series.

because Diamond uses text titles, and a tick for watched/unwatched, I can easily both see AND play any new episodes straight from the EHS screen.

And thats all I ever expected, the same dead easy behaviour as MB2.

Anyhow, I'll go take some screens again.

Trevor68

Ok here are the screenshots, I believe all is working as designed now.

Last Added Unplayed simply does not function because only the Series are Favorites, not Episodes. I have watched all of my Favorite Series before, so therefore it is MT.

This is my entire point, and why i use Diamond, all i want to do is come home, see there's a new episode in one of my favorite series and play it. That simple. I could do this in MB2, now I cannot.

The workaround for me is to use Diamond in Last Added mode, and the watched/unwatched ticks let me know if there is something new.

Lots of pretty banners and images and new features is cool for a lot of people I guess. For me, I'm just lazy and all I need is to see whats new at a glance, Diamond does that fine, so there's no real problem I guess.

post-1911-0-87634300-1392436742_thumb.jpg

post-1911-0-32480300-1392436756_thumb.jpg

post-1911-0-43962800-1392436766_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trevor68

Okay, so the content between the two is exactly the same, it is just that Chocolate doesn't designate whether or not something is watched in the EHS list?

Trevor68

The third screenshot is Chocolate, with the unwatched list MT on Favorites. That's fine, its the same on any theme and there's nought you can do about it anyhow seeing as Favorites are now Series, not Episodes. There's nothing to see.

In reality many of my Fav TV Shows DO have new EPISODES. That's simply why I use Diamond, its a workaround, but I can see new EPISODES from the EHS instantly, and play them. Thats the second screenshot, where the watched "tick" tells me straight up if there's anything new, if its absent.

The first screenshot is the same as the last, just diamond and chocolate showing that last added unwatched does NOT work for Favorites, as its not based on episodes.

There's no real problem here, least not since the third post where I reinstalled chocolate and fixed my original query. I just find it odd that newer software can't emulate MB2.

Edited by Trevor68