profile for s7 edge

bluc

Hello is anyone able to help me setup a profile for my s7 edge to use with the vr pigasus streaming ap. It always defaults to bubbleupnp which doesn't work. Been trying for a couple days now cant work out how to identify the phone reliably to setup a profile. I also have tried modifying the bubbleupnp profile as Emby seems to default to that profile for the s7e. But I really have no idea what I am doing.

ffmpeg-remux-ab87a220-550f-4d1e-9aa1-e0fac1088d2c.txt

server-63628108781.txt

First you have to research the supported media formats of the pigasus app. Have you done that?

Found this on their website

"following open source libraries: libVLC and Cling, licensed under the LGPLv2.1.

The libVLC source can be downloaded here.

The Cling source can be downloaded " that any help?

Ok after more research its built around the vlc sdk. It can play most formats but not dolby audio dts ac3 etc.

The files that dont use these audio file work fine. So i spent the day with no luck trying to modify the vlc profile. I deleted the vlc http header info from my vlc profile and added

UserAgent: VLC/3.0.0-git LibVLC/3.0.0-git equals

And

UserAgent: Android/7.0 UPnP/1.0 Cling/2.0 equals

Added the phone model number and in the codecs section added dts,ac3 to video audio.

Still wont play the files with dolby audio and whats more annoying is emby no longer is reporting what my phone as a connected device. So no idea what profile it uses to connect. Can i get that info from the log some how? Getting nowhere fast..

I think you could have left the detection part as-is without any changes. It is the DirectPlayProfiles that you need to modify. Notice how the Vlc profile leave that all blank, basically meaning it direct plays everything.

So what you'll need to do is list out everything that it supports by adding direct play profiles. Look at the DirectPlayProfiles of the xbox one profile for a good example.

Let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Happy2Play

You just have to get a profile configured to be recognized by your device, since only the default profile is being used in your log.

Info Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will need to be used.

Info UpnpContentDirectory: Profile: Generic Device, No direct play profiles found for Path:

If i dont make a profile it seem3d to connect as bubbleupnp but i am not being notified of what it is connecting as any longer..

Ok bit more info i did a fresh install of emby server this morning. Still nothing has changed. Emby still does not report what the phone is connected as, either in "devices" or "active devices".

Something new even with the non vr android version vlc player I cant get transcoding working. But if i use the android app ginkgosoft dnla player and use vlc as the media player emby trancodes it and it works fine :/

Wanted to add all formats that are native to the app work great. Its just getting emby to transcode the non supported formats, and working out what its connected as i cant work out..

Edited by bluc

Yea unfortunately with dlna every device is different so it's often just trial and error until things work. Why not use Vlc since it supports more formats anyway?