Remove channels from the liveTV guide ?

vaise

vaise

Hi,

I have attempted a move from nextpvr to emby for the liveTV as they support HDHomerun (old ones).  

When will we have the ability to remove channels from the guide as this is way too messy with large gaps in my country that are not completed with the xml.

Thanks,

denz

I think you have to find out how to remove them in nextpvr software I don't use nextpvr but before I used serverwmc and I think it is the same once removed from wmc they are removed from emby.

vaise

I have ported from nextPVR to emby liveTV now - so nextPVR is no longer part of it.

It seems my old HDHOMERUN's do not have the capability to set favourites on the device - so I cant use the 'only use favourites' in the tuner add section in emby.

In live tv setup we plan to add this ability to check/uncheck the channels that you want.

• Like 2

vaise

Seems I have a bigger issue now anyway after testing.  I set 5 shows to record - only two fired on one tuner.  I have three HDHomeRun's so 6 tuners.  All 5 recordings were from different channels so it should have used all three hdhomeruns.  I have to rollback to nextPVR now as the wife will want all her shows recorded in three hours.  I will re-configure tomorrow and re-test. 

Edited by vaise

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Capt.Insano

In live tv setup we plan to add this ability to check/uncheck the channels that you want.

Just wondering if there is any update on this?

I have read the suggestions of adding parental controls but I am looking forward to a native checkbox solution.

Many thanks for all your work!

Just wondering if there is any update on this?

I have read the suggestions of adding parental controls but I am looking forward to a native checkbox solution.

Many thanks for all your work!

If you are using an HDHR the "checkbox" solution exists in their interface already and we will respect it.

Capt.Insano

If you are using an HDHR the "checkbox" solution exists in their interface already and we will respect it.

I am actually using the m3u tuner built into Emby

• 1 year later...

This fav option is only for the newer HDHR's - The old HDHR Dual's do not have this.

We really need something in emby for channel management.

This fav option is only for the newer HDHR's - The old HDHR Dual's do not have this.

We really need something in emby for channel management.

Luke isn't talking about using the Web interface but the HDHomeRun software you install that has channel scanning and management in it.

Luke isn't talking about using the Web interface but the HDHomeRun software you install that has channel scanning and management in it.

The silicon dust software for the older HDHR Duals do not have the channel management - We can just scan only abd pull back everything.  I did it again today as I updated the software to latest - def no fav options.

EODCrafter

Hi,

I have attempted a move from nextpvr to emby for the liveTV as they support HDHomerun (old ones).  

When will we have the ability to remove channels from the guide as this is way too messy with large gaps in my country that are not completed with the xml.

Thanks,

xTeVe Is designed Specifically for this purpose! Join us! It's a little "Techy" at first but Hey, I figured it out! :)Discord Support

• Like 1