Subtitles works only 5sec on W10 Creative Update

pa3x

After Windows 10 updated to Creative Update, there is problem with subtitles.

They are shown only for aprox 5 secs and dissapeare.

If i turn it off and then on again on CC button, they reapear again for 5sec...

It happening on all 3 PCs I have. Also on Theater from store as Edge browser...

hi @@pa3x, yes i can reproduce this and unfortunately it is just a bad defect in the microsoft video player. we're going to just render the subtitles ourselves until it is resolved. thanks.

hi @@pa3x, yes i can reproduce this and unfortunately it is just a bad defect in the microsoft video player. we're going to just render the subtitles ourselves until it is resolved. thanks.

If I use MS Movies and TV app it working fine. Also Ember for Emby is working fine (i think it also use MS Movies and TV app for playing)...

But it not suit my needs on HTPC (stay logged in after exit)...

It is still an issue in the MS video player. Thanks.

Ok, today update fixes problem, but titles are too small now :(

Well they are the same size as any other text in the application. Are you saying you can't read anything in the entire application?

nodiaque

Hello,

I have a similar problem but it occur on multiple version of Windows, not just Creator Update. I have one on insider fast ring, one on Creator Update and one still on Anniversary update. I tried playing through MPC-HC, I have subtitles (on server). It also work trough Internet Explorer, but it's laggy. In Emby Theater, I can select the subs but nothing show.

Emby Theater is version 2.5.40.

Emby Server is 3.2.12.0

Thanks

logs.zip

Edited by nodiaque

Hello,

I have a similar problem but it occur on multiple version of Windows, not just Creator Update. I have one on insider fast ring, one on Creator Update and one still on Anniversary update. I tried playing through MPC-HC, I have subtitles (on server). It also work trough Internet Explorer, but it's laggy. In Emby Theater, I can select the subs but nothing show.

Emby Theater is version 2.5.40.

Emby Server is 3.2.12.0

Thanks

Emby Theater for Windows desktop is about to get a shiny new video player so let's re-evaluate then. Also, Internet Explorer is supported but not recommended. Edge, Chrome, Opera and Firefox are recommended for a better experience. thanks.

Well they are the same size as any other text in the application. Are you saying you can't read anything in the entire application?

No, I can read, but subtitles could be wider. They are really small on TV...

58f91f211f816_WP_20170420_22_45_44_Pro_L

Do you feel the same way when looking at the detail screen of a movie and reading the overview?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you feel the same way when looking at the detail screen of a movie and reading the overview?

Sorry for late answer @@Luke, was on business trip...

Yes, all text could be bigger...

I tried changing text size on windows (set to 150%), but no luck.

Also changed display mode to TV as well in ET from Store