docker/linux nfs shares?

A_Aron

A_Aron

I have emby-server running in a docker instance, runs great, but want to utilize using nfs shares. Is there a how-to on how this can be done? I know the basics of how nfs shared folders work, but really need more info on how or what path i would share.  

My docker media path is: /media/videos/tv_shows

emby nfs share path is: nfs://1xx.xx.x.2/videos/tv_shows

server exports on host: /mnt/storage/nas/videos

NFS works fine on the host, i can connect to it via nfs clients just fine. But when using an emby app i get the following error...

No direct play profiles found for Path: nfs://1xx.xx.x.2/videos/tv_shows/

That's not an error. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? You want to change your library setup to use nfs, is that correct?

@@dadasaurus Emby server does not support nfs as the main library path. You would need to first mount the nfs share to a local path and then add the local path to Emby.

Or, if you want your Emby devices to play using nfs, then you can enter your nfs path into the optional network path section when setting up a library. this will allow Emby for Kodi on other devices to use the nfs share.

Does this answer your question? Thanks !

A_Aron

I think I have it working. As long as the path is the same on both, it should work, right? Is there somewhere in the logs I can verify that it's using NFS when needed?

58f556061b492_Capture.jpg

So even though the link is a path from the docker image, and the NFS server is from the docker host, this should work?

Edited by dadasaurus

Well it looks fine to me but the real question is whether or not your other devices can reach that nfs path.