LiveTV Quality in Emby Theater

JunkStar

JunkStar

Hi

I'm having some quality issues in regards to the LiveTV experience in the Emby Theater for Windows App. I have had the issues for a while but now that im watching Formula 1 its annoying enough to make a post about it. It looks the like image is "interlaced" and its happening on every device as far as i can tell (Emby Theater on Windows 10 and Win 7. Apple Ipad. Nexus 5. Samsung Tab S.)

Edit: I'm running latest Beta server(3.2.12.5)on Windows Server 2016. HDHR3-4DC with latest firmware. FFmpeg-3.2.2-win64.

58f0b423c1d21_livetvquality.png

Edited by JunkStar

lifespeed

Set your video renderer to MadVR (in video settings I think), it will de-interlace.

• 2 weeks later...
JunkStar

Using MadVR had a massive impact. It all looks good now.

Sorry Luke havnt tested it without MadVR since but i will get around it tomorrow during the F1 Training

• 2 weeks later...
JunkStar

So it was looking really good when using MadVR but now it looks like crap again. Massive interlacing problems again

5914bf16f29c0_interlacing.png

That should be it although you can play with the other video settings. i really haven't seen the above. in my testing it looks more like your madvr screenshot.

JunkStar

The pictures are just minutes apart and the only difference is that one is with MadVR and the other is with "Enable deinterlacing: Yes" in the new version