Thanks Emby Team

spitefulgod

spitefulgod

Just like to thank the emby team and contributors for an excellent product, both my parents are blind Emby has allowed me to finish off a speech enabled media centre for them.  The system works spot on picking up every command first time, can use Cortana or Windows Speech Services.  Managed to get rid of the old shitty system my parents had with Kodi and VoxCommando.  This new one allows for much more verbose communication with the user letting them to navigate and control emby without sight.  I had completed one previously with Plex using my own interface as a windows 10 app although trying to get NextPVR to stream correctly to a windows 10 app was really problematic for me to implement.  Emby has taken all the front end strain away and lets me control live tv and recording as well.  So again thanks, this will help my parents a lot, after a few weeks of them testing I'll convert it to an emby plugin and stick it on git hub.  Also I they have a groove music account so I'm going to implement a plug in for that too.

58efde0131e4c_EmbyConnector.jpg

• Like 5

chef

That sounds amazing! I'm really into that stuff and have also built quite a few different speech platforms around emby API.

This seems like it has a really great purpose, so if there is anything at all I can do...

I am really looking forward to seeing this.

Plus, I haven't seen any Cortana backend code before, so that is just the best!