Play downloaded content without Internet connetion

rublpz

rublpz

I have Emby Premiere subscription, but the synced content is not working correctly from Android App. I have synced some TV shows, but I can't play this content from Emby app. If the device does not have Internet connection and can't connect with Emby Server, the app request connect to Emby Server when is started, and I don't see any option to connect offline and play downloaded content. How can I play the downloaded content if the device can't connect with Emby Server?

anderbytes

It is known that they are working on it

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

We are working on that functionality.  in the meantime, you can play the content with any other player you have on the device.

• Like 1

frabe8378910

We are working on that functionality.  in the meantime, you can play the content with any other player you have on the device.

That would be the most appreciated feature, because then the App is really useful. There is not to much sense to use your smartphone as a multimedia player while at home.

And telling my wife to find the download stuff in the emby SDcard folder structure was not very successful... ;-)

Currently I can use it partially as a remote for emby theater on linux, but only for the player if you run a media.

• 2 months later...
frabe8378910

@@rublpz

@@frabe8378910

@@anderbytes

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !.

As I'm close for going to vacation, I just did a short test:

• Installed the latest version for Google Play (I'm on the beta channel)
  • Went to recordings, selected one
  • Choosed low quality first
  • It took some time to encode it on my server and then it was upload to my smartphone
  • I disconnected wlan, phone data and started emby
  • It looked for the server and it took some time, but then the movie was listed under "my downloads".
  • I selected it and it played perfectly!  That's great!!

Now I just need to figure how to get emby to download to a different path (i.e. my external SDcard), as I do not have a lot of GB free on the internal store.

Does somebody know how to do that?

@Luke: Keep the good work ... :-)  - Thanks a lot.

Edited by frabe8378910