Windows 10 Creators Update Reactions

Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi All,

With the Win 10 Creators update rolling out thought I would solicit some reactions. I have been using the release for sometime on Fast Ring on the PC and the ember app works great.!!! :) Have read the theatre uwp app has had a few hiccups with creators release... any comments for @@7illusions on how ember on the xbox is handling the release?

Been on the fast ring so long kind of forget all the new stuff.. But two things definitely

If you are hooked up to a receiver that supports DTS,DTS-HD on the PC side that should bitstream just fine. In other works in emby speak "Direct Play" although ember uses the more technically correct term "Direct Stream" . (can never remember exactly when started working  :) )

Maybe just think of as plays "Natively"

go to Playback Settings Audio and turn it on and pick the output device.

58ed4102c4ee0_playback.png

The other cool thing is with the Creators Update, Microsoft is giving away the mpeg2 extension. It is needed on the PC side to direct play some live tv and recorded files. Yeah!!!! Native playback.. no transcoding.

Search for MPEG2 Video Extension in the windows store or use this link  https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9n95q1zzpmh4

Again the app is ready for it. 
Playback settings video

58ed42a8b9cb8_tv.png

looking forward to others reaction to the creators update!!

Thanks 7 

-vicpa

• Like 4

FrostByte

Just loaded the Creators Update now, seems to be running okay.  Will do some testing.

• Like 1

FrostByte

For me without a HTPC/audio system hooked up directly and not using Live TV yet I really haven't seen a difference with this release.  I've seen others post though that it is less choppy after loading the mpeg2 extension.  I assume because less transcoding.  Really hasn't changed playback for me on the XB1 either.

I'll have to play with it on the wife's SP4 when I can get my hands on it.

Edited by FrostByte

• 1 month later...
arrbee99

Probably not the right place, but seeing as this is about Creators Update - I recently did a clean install of said Creators Update and am adding Ember for Emby. Is the Loopback fix still required as I can't connect so far to server on same machine. Just thought I would enquire.

arrbee99

Also, playing music, if you minimise Ember, it stops playing, un-minimise, it carries on, minimise, stops......

7illusions

Also, playing music, if you minimise Ember, it stops playing, un-minimise, it carries on, minimise, stops......

On which type of device are you experiencing this? (Desktop, tablet, phone or xb1)

arrbee99

On which type of device are you experiencing this? (Desktop, tablet, phone or xb1)

Was on desktop, latest Win 10, same PC as server. Having said that, everything seems fine now, happily playing away minimised or not. No idea what I did differently this time.Hopefully just a one off  :)

Happy2Play

Any idea what this error is, it appears in the event viewer every hour.  Don't really use the app a lot (primarily testing), was looking at other issues in the evernt viewer and saw this.

5932717879d83_error.jpg

7illusions

Any idea what this error is, it appears in the event viewer every hour. Don't really use the app a lot (primarily testing), was looking at other issues in the evernt viewer and saw this.

5932717879d83_error.jpg

If it occurs every hour that means that its the background worker that crashed. Added to the backlog of things to fix. Thanks

• Like 1

Happy2Play

If it occurs every hour that means that its the background worker that crashed. Added to the backlog of things to fix. Thanks

No worries just thought I would let you know and see if anyone else was seeing the error. :)