Multiple Recordings

gewbert

gewbert

This may be dumb and i'm just missing something, but I have my Emby TV DVR set to record to R:/Emby Recorded TV.  Which creates a folder for each show under Series, so R:/Emby Recorded TV/Series/[sHOW NAME].  These files get saved as .ts.  Great.  My Recorded TV library points to R:/Emby Recorded TV

I also have the setting for "Automatically convert recordings to a streaming friendly format" to make it easier to stream on my Rokus.  Issue is, this appears to save the files to R:/Emby Recorded TV/[sHOW NAME] as an .mp4.  So now i have 2 files/shows showing up in my library.

So how best do I set it up so it will record and save just 1 video, ideally one that's "better" for streaming (but I don't care that much if there's not a huge difference), and so it's presented best in my video library?

Thanks!

post-16503-0-83466700-1491940368_thumb.png

post-16503-0-92200200-1491940369_thumb.png

I don't understand, why do you have two files? The conversion is on the fly and there should only be one file saved. Perhaps there was an error and it restarted the recording, that could be possible. For newer server installations the default is now mkv instead of mp4, so you could try that. Also make sure you are running the latest version of Emby Server, 3.2.12. Thanks !

gewbert

D'oh.  I'm stupid, forgot I had NextPVR still running and MCEbuddy converting the files.  Need more sleep.