Live TV HD channel on Chromecast problem

etrax

Hi
There is now a problem with certain HD channels on the Chromecast it shows top half of the picture and sutters, the "SD" channels work fine.

This has worked before im not sure when this changed since i havent had a active iptv subscription for some months.

Ok, I'm not quite sure what the issue is, but I notice we're stream copying the original video stream. If you go into app settings and set the max chromecast bitrate to something like 4mbps, that should force it to do a full transcode. Let me know if the full transcode performs better. Thanks.

Ok, I'm not quite sure what the issue is, but I notice we're stream copying the original video stream. If you go into app settings and set the max chromecast bitrate to something like 4mbps, that should force it to do a full transcode. Let me know if the full transcode performs better. Thanks.

Yes that works better with both 1080p 4mbps and 720p 4mbps, thanks!

Also as a side note when i sent you the logs yesterday i shut chromecast down and i noticed 5 minutes later that ffmpeg.exe was still using alot of cpu.

Edited by etrax

Yes that works better with both 1080p 4mbps and 720p 4mbps, thanks!

Also as a side note when i sent you the logs yesterday i shut chromecast down and i noticed 5 minutes later that ffmpeg.exe was still using alot of cpu.

Hi,

+1

I can confirm the behavior. Certain live hdhomerun channels only on Chromecast, and when transcoding problem is not there.

Have not checked if ffmpeg was running after the shutdown though...

Edited by Blob