CoverArt not recognizing Half-OU as 3D

Dibbes
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Dibbes

CoverArt does not seem to recognize Half-OU as 3D and doesn't put the 3D overlay. Half-SBS works fine and overlay works.

Dibbes

​Here is working fine with SBS an HOU. CoverArt 4.0.26.0.

I have quite a bunch of HOU, and none of them get the overlay. I'm on the same version as you are. Maybe I made a config mistake, I'll check.

EDIT: I don't see where I could have made a mistake, when SBS works...

Edited by Dibbes

• Solution

CoverArt doesn't really recognize it at all.  That is a function of the server and CoverArt just allows you to indicate it on the cover.  So, you need to be sure you are properly designating the item as 3D using the proper conventions for the server.

3D videos

• Like 1

Dibbes

CoverArt doesn't really recognize it at all.  That is a function of the server and CoverArt just allows you to indicate it on the cover.  So, you need to be sure you are properly designating the item as 3D using the proper conventions for the server.

That explains it, I suppose. The filename (and more files like these) "Star.Trek.Beyond.2016.1080p.3D.BluRay.Half-OU.x264.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.mkv" is not automatically detected as 3D.

Thanks for helping out! It's appreciated :)

Happy2Play

You can manually make them 3D in Edit Info.  There is a "3D format:" field with a drop-down box if you don't want to rely on naming convention.

• Like 1

Dibbes

Yes, a library scan needs to be run after, though. If that's not done, CoverArt will still not put the overlays.