Uggghh Missed recording for SNL again...

Marc_G

Marc_G

Hi folks,

Once again Emby decided not to record Saturday Night Live last night. This is the one program my wife asks me to record, and it just periodically pops off the schedule. Last night was the first new eposide in a while so I wasn't really paying attention. Today I suddenly remembered it was coming off hiatus last night, checked my recordings, and saw it didn't record, and didn't even schedule for the upcoming recording this Saturday the 15th. 

This kind of thing seriously kills the WAF for Emby in place of WMC that essentially never missed a recording.

I deleted the series, re-added it, and there's a now a scheduled recording for this saturday, but I don't trust it.

Why does this happen so often with Emby but never with WMC? This is a major problem that needs to be fixed.

Marc

blade005

Hi folks,

Once again Emby decided not to record Saturday Night Live last night. This is the one program my wife asks me to record, and it just periodically pops off the schedule. Last night was the first new eposide in a while so I wasn't really paying attention. Today I suddenly remembered it was coming off hiatus last night, checked my recordings, and saw it didn't record, and didn't even schedule for the upcoming recording this Saturday the 15th. 

This kind of thing seriously kills the WAF for Emby in place of WMC that essentially never missed a recording.

I deleted the series, re-added it, and there's a now a scheduled recording for this saturday, but I don't trust it.

Why does this happen so often with Emby but never with WMC? This is a major problem that needs to be fixed.

Marc

@@Marc_G,

Have had similar experiences with a handful of shows that just won't lock in, even with NEW designation in guide. I would double check your next scheduled Saturday recording the day of. I have a few that will show up as scheduled after I remove and set them again. But, the next nightly refresh of the guide will wipe it out. Some, I just have to remember the day of and set it to record. Only way to insure it will work.

• Like 1

Fair enough. The recording was scheduled to be around 11:30 pm until 1 am, plus padding. Here are the various logs:

(three files attached)

As far as I can tell other recordings have been working in the last week. Now I'm nervous, though...

You're running an out of date version of Emby Server. The first thing I would do is install the latest version from the website. Thanks !

Marc_G

Where there changes made relating to scheduling/recording? I will update when I get a chance but usually do so only when something relevant is fixed or when the current t version has been out long enough that I can be confident it won't introduce new bugs...

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk