Live TV Sync and Quality issues

gallatig

gallatig

Hi All.

New to Emby and I'm having issues with Live TV on both Roku Ultra and FireTV.

Using a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Extend.

Audio is the biggest issue.  Soon after starting a stream, it starts getting behind and just gets worse.

Video appears to have interlace issues, (hard blur lines, on the images) and I have had occasions where the video just stops.

I've tried with both Intel Quick Sync enabled and disabled.

I have a set of logs attached.

The 00 server log and f1 ffmpeg should be from Quick sync enabled

The other should be with it disabled.

All are from the FireTV, as the Roku appears to use the mobile stream.

Any help is appreciated.

server-63627328644.txt

server-63627326400.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-2ff67f18-f57d-4b77-baca-044cf9d053f1.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-b14cc972-db6c-462c-ac0b-a2501c4888b5.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-6b5ded18-395a-4974-b0e2-5986cf2f74a1.txt

Hi @@gallatig, for the next release, we're going to update our vsync param that we pass into ffmpeg. If you'd like to try it in the beta server, the change should be available for testing within the next couple days. Thanks !

lifespeed

Hi @@gallatig, for the next release, we're going to update our vsync param that we pass into ffmpeg. If you'd like to try it in the beta server, the change should be available for testing within the next couple days. Thanks !

This is interesting.  Would the audio sync issue apply only for Live TV, or could it affect a MKV file from the movie library?  I have had audio sync issues for some time that don't manifest if I use another player like WMP or MPC-BE.  They seem to be worse when Emby is configured to use Mad VR.

gallatig

Thanks Luke.

I've loaded the latest Beta and things are a bit better.

I tried in on the FireTV and it started and was running fine, then just froze.  I tried returning to the guide and reselecting the channel and choppy, audio was off, and other issues.

I tried again on the Roku and the audio never sync'd.

I tried it on a PC, through the web browser and it was fine.

I started the Roku and it was fine.

I stopped the PC, and the Roku continued fine.

I don't have too much time for testing right now, so can you (or anyone!) recommend any good posts of setups that work well or with good troubleshooting tips?

Thanks!