Auto Organise fails to run

FlawlessHosting

FlawlessHosting

Hi There,

I do not what is wrong with my auto organise. It use to work fine when I first installed Emby but now it fails to start and do any thing.

Even if i manually click organise it does nothing. If i got to schedule tasks and hit the play button it completes in like 0.2 milliseconds.

I'm on the latest beta version using Linux

Regards

Mark

Hi, in my testing it seems to work fine. Can you please discuss an example of exactly what you mean, then provide the emby server log? You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

There has been only one change recently to auto-organize. If the watch folder is also a folder in Emby library setup, then it will not be used for auto-organize. That's not really the intended purpose of the feature, and we'd rather just disable it then have to deal with the additional troubleshooting.

Thanks !

Hi, in my testing it seems to work fine. Can you please discuss an example of exactly what you mean, then provide the emby server log? You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

There has been only one change recently to auto-organize. If the watch folder is also a folder in Emby library setup, then it will not be used for auto-organize. That's not really the intended purpose of the feature, and we'd rather just disable it then have to deal with the additional troubleshooting.

Thanks !

Can this be rolled back? My download folder is also in my library because sometimes I download a movie and would rather just watch it then delete it but I cant access it without adding my download folder. What good did disabling this accomplish, it worked fine before? 

If we cant have it back then lets add a non scannable library option so we can still add the folder.

This is not getting rolled back because it is creating additional troubleshooting for us. Auto organize runs every 5 minutes so it won't take that long to get the new content into your library.

This is not getting rolled back because it is creating additional troubleshooting for us. Auto organize runs every 5 minutes so it won't take that long to get the new content into your library.

That's not the issue, movies don't organize so if we want to watch something that was just done we have to go access the server, move the movie, then wait for a scan. Also there are daily shows that cant be organized like Conan and Jimmy and must have some sort of auto move application to another watched library. And occasionally organize fails for some shows and we must move it manually.

Im sure others are going to be inconvenienced by this, can't we just get a way to have the organized folder accessible from the emby clients, for the times things need to be manually accessed?

Edited by MEB