Live TV on Web interface vs Android App

FlawlessHosting

FlawlessHosting

Hi There,

Don't if anyone else has noticed this or has a solution but it was driving me nuts all day with me thinking Live TV was broken till I realised I it is was the app.

Basically the android app which is at version is 2.8.79 wouldn't play a single live stream be it on my phone or my android box. In fact it I could see on the dashboard it had kicked in direct streaming and indeed on the xtream panel it would show an active connection but nothing would display on the app but a blank screen.

Now if I switched them over to using chrome browser they played via and report as playing via direct play and not direct streaming.

But this means I lose the ability to control what users can use what devices.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

Jdiesel

I just confirmed this. Attempted to play live stream in Android Mobile app and was kicked back to the guide before playback started. Played the same stream in Chrome mobile with no issues. Local files play fine on the Android app. Strangely enough both transcode logs say "Connection timed out" however playback on Chrome worked. 

@@Luke I PMed you my log files.

maegibbons

Hi There,

Don't if anyone else has noticed this or has a solution but it was driving me nuts all day with me thinking Live TV was broken till I realised I it is was the app.

Basically the android app which is at version is 2.8.79 wouldn't play a single live stream be it on my phone or my android box. In fact it I could see on the dashboard it had kicked in direct streaming and indeed on the xtream panel it would show an active connection but nothing would display on the app but a blank screen.

Now if I switched them over to using chrome browser they played via and report as playing via direct play and not direct streaming.

But this means I lose the ability to control what users can use what devices.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

Mark

I can assure you that all your streams should be fine on both the android app and android tv.

I have spent the last few months ironing out with the devs a few quirks that I experieced initially with them.

Just tested fine tonight with my phone. HOWEVER I AM STILL ON 2.8.85

Are these from m3u imported in to the Guide?  You are playing them from the guide?

When you say chrome browser do you mean using the emby app or just pasting the live stream url?  Again the streams should work with the emby WEB app

What server version are you using?

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

FlawlessHosting

Mark

I can assure you that all your streams should be fine on both the android app and android tv.

I have spent the last few months ironing out with the devs a few quirks that I experieced initially with them.

Just tested fine tonight with my phone. HOWEVER I AM STILL ON 2.8.85

Are these from m3u imported in to the Guide?  You are playing them from the guide?

When you say chrome browser do you mean using the emby app or just pasting the live stream url?  Again the streams should work with the emby WEB app

What server version are you using?

Krs

Mark

Hi Mark,

It would appear it happens when it tries to stream in the hls format. Forcing it to be a TS stream seems to have resolved it which is a bit odd.

When I said about using chrome, I should of clarified I meant the web app for Emby which is quite a few versions higher than the android version.

I tried on the table 3.2.10 and the beta 3.2.10.6

Regards,

Mark

maegibbons

Ok

I tend to keep everything as .ts because I have had issues with others.

Krs

Mark