Program Descriptions

garyan2

garyan2

Not sure if this is ServerWMC specific or Live TV in general, but I've noticed that the program descriptions shown in emby are the short descriptions and not the longer detailed descriptions available in WMC. Using epg123, I populate both fields if available from Schedules Direct. Is this behavior by design? is the detailed descriptions not provided/available to emby? or does emby just default to the short description?

My preference would be to use the detailed description in emby, hence the question.

• Like 1

krustyreturns

@@garyan2,

I couldn't tell whether you are talking about recordings or guide entries so I checked both.

For recordings:

I am using the long description for the emby 'Overview' field.  So I'll assume you don't see this problem with the recording info.

For guide entries:

I was indeed using the short program description in the 'Overview' field of emby's programInfo object.  This is some of the oldest code in the plugin so I can't recall why I did this, my best guess is I thought it looked better with however the emby gui looked at the time - or I just made a mistake.  I notice now that the emby guys have added a field to the program object called 'ShortOverview', so that would obviously be a better fit.  

So I fixed this, look for a new version of my plugin (.82).  While I was in there I added season and episode number since I think epg123 fills these fields out.  Also I filled out another new emby field called ProductionYear.

If this doesn't cut it, or you find other problems let me know.  Thanks.

Edited by krustyreturns
  • Like 1