DTS and SUBS Sync on Philips Android TV

Samenluisteren

Samenluisteren

Hi,

I don't no if its related, but on my Philips PUS6521 I have 2 problems with mkv files with dts.

First of all, it transcodes the audio track to stereo 2.0. When I open the file with the internal player it plays dts perfectly so the tv can passthrough dts and ac3.

It would also be ok if it could transcode to ac3 5.1.

The second problem is that subtitles don't sync. Everythime I start the same movie, the subs are out of sync with differtent delays.

Sometimes it is perfectly and sometimes to late or te soon. Could that be related to the transcoding?

Does it have to do something with HW decoding? (I tried differtent settings)

Files with ac3 don't have any problem at all. I also mis the option to bitstream dts in the settings. I tried to install beta version, but I doubt if if that worked.

I hope somebody can give me an advise about it. 

Many thanks.

The beta version should convert your DTS to DD.  Why do you think the install didn't work?

The sync issues could have to do with HW decoding.  What happens if you turn that off?

Samenluisteren

How can I see that it's the beta version. On my fone it sais "beta", on my android tv not.

When I first tried to install it told me my tv wasn't compatible. Now it sais that it is installed???

anyway, I don't see dts bitstream option and it does turn it to DD, but stereo, not 5.1

I tried everything with decoding. Nothing helped. I'm not sure if I turn it off. But if I do, then watching video's extern won't decode very good.

On the settings page there is a version number.  If it is > 1.3.21 then you are on the beta.

On that same settings page there is a setting called "Audio Option".  To what is it set?

Samenluisteren

On the settings page there is a version number.  If it is > 1.3.21 then you are on the beta.

On that same settings page there is a setting called "Audio Option".  To what is it set?

I can only choose between direct or compatible.

Both give the same results.

I wil look at the version tonight

Edited by Omeniel

I can only choose between direct or compatible.

We changed the terminology on that option quite a while ago.  Now I really want to know what version you are running...

Samenluisteren

We changed the terminology on that option quite a while ago.  Now I really want to know what version you are running...

1.3.33g

post-41278-0-93452700-1491408110_thumb.jpg

post-41278-0-97626900-1491408112_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omeniel

Ah, you still see that word because you are using a translation.

With the option set how you have it, it will always be in stereo.  The option was re-named to "Downmix to stereo".

The other one has the same result

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Then the most likely scenario is that your TV is reporting that it only will accept a stereo signal.

If you follow the instructions to send a log from the app I may be able to tell more. (first set that option to Direct)