Difference between Auto Box and Collections from Emby Server

Stabeule

Stabeule

Hello,

i am new in this forum because i can't find a solution for my problem in the internet. I use emby for wmc. For a few month the System runs fine with the Auto box plugin. Now after some updates the Auto box plugin will not show more  the box sets in my home view in media browser. In metadata browser the Collection are still there, but not in home view. When i check under "Server preferecne, library ,view, group movies in Collections" and also check "Show Collection in a own Icon" in home view then it will be similar to autobox.

My question, is Autobox out of function althoug i has installed it and what are the difference between Auto box plugin and emby Server Collection. How can i check if Auto box working correctly and is it further necessary to install the plugin?

I hope you can help me to understand the problem.

Edited by Stabeule

The Auto Box Sets plug-in is just an easy way to create Emby Collections based on data from TMDb.  So, using it results in the same types of collections as you get if you create them manually with the web app.

I'm afraid I didn't completely follow the issue you are having though.  If you use the web app, does everything display as you would expect?

Stabeule

Hello,

when i uncheck the positions from server to show collections then there will be nothing shown in dashboard or in media browser classic (wmc). That means no auto box sets are visible only in metadata manager. I think through the cache in the metadata folder.