Live TV dropping after 45-60 mins & Playback for Recordings are fuzzy

JulesC

JulesC

When I play a channel (I only watch HD channels) via Emby Live TV after 45-60 minutes the channels drop and Emby returns to the play screen for that channel - see attached screenshot. I even notice that the HD channels I watch are not so clear even though my Signal Strength and Signal Quality are both in the green. As a result, even when I record a TV show from one of my HD channels, I notice the playback of the recordings are fuzzy - which I guess isn't surprising if the original HD channel I'm watching is fuzzy. 

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated so that I can finally cut the cord with Cable.

Current setup:

• HD Over-the-Air Antenna - connected to SiliconDust TV tuner device
    • The channels I'm watching receive better than average Quality and Signal Strength (both in the green)
  • HD HomeRun Extend - connected to my home local network via Ethernet cable
  • Emby Media Server - running the latest version as of today - Apr-03-2017
  • Emby Theater for Windows - running on Windows 10 - 2 HTPCs

Attached are 2 log files.

Please let me know if you need any additional information to help me troubleshoot these problems.  Thank you.

post-181856-0-70650800-1491266592_thumb.png

server-63626826458.txt

record-transcode-a3d05543-eebc-42f2-a146-69395f1fd2a6.txt

Edited by JulesC

JulesC

I'm not sure if I was supposed to post this to Emby or SiliconDust forum so I did both.  Here is what I learned from SiliconDust resources in hopes that it helps others in this forum using Emby Live TV + HD HomeRun Extend.

• Live TV stopping - I ran HDHomeRun Setup and tick "send diagnostic information" on the Advanced tab so they could receive any diagnostic data.
  • Fuzzy display / Jagged Edges - I played around with the "Default Transcode Mode" on the device webpage - by going to http://my.hdhomerun.com/ and clicked on the entry for my HDHomeRun. From there go into the Transcode menu and select the default transcode profile.  I noticed my default was set to "Mobile". Per their suggestion, I compared results by changing between "heavy" and "native/none".
  • The native mode is MPEG2. The Windows 10 update - build 14393.969 should improve MPEG2 playback.  FYI - this update is supposed to fix third-party apps that use Microsoft's MPEG-2 handling libraries. 
  • Update your video card drivers if needed.

Hope this helps others.

JulesC

Luke - I wanted to make you aware of this update.

Update on Emby Live TV dropping every 45-60 minutes:

• Last evening, my Emby Live TV dropped 3 times between 9:00 - 11:00pm EDT.
    • Right before the channel drops, my HTPC makes a noise first (like 3 clicks)
    • FYI - I was running Live TV through Emby Home Theater
  • This morning, I ran Emby Live TV through my Chrome browser for 5 hours straight with NO drops / interruptions.
  • Observation: The picture quality in watching Live TV via the Chrome browser is much sharper (i.e. no jagged edges, softness) than the Emby Home Theater.

FYI - my earlier logs that I posted were from running Live TV through Emby Home Theater

Hope this is helpful in pinpointing this problem.  Let me know if I can provide any additional information.  Thank you.

Edited by JulesC