Local vs Connect Login

Animosity022
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Animosity022

I've been troubleshooting an Ombi related issue but I have went down the path of testing local login vs emby connect login.

I use my own domain and publish on port 443 via a reverse proxy. I tested also without the reverse proxy in the mix on just publishing 8920 as the SSL port.

I log into my server via using my own domain URL or 'locally'.

If I enter in the "local" password, that works fine.

If I enter in the my emby connect user and password, it seems to authenticate and than says it cannot connect to the server.

Also, I can log into Ombi with my Emby Connect credentials.

I have another local user and I can connect locally.

I cannot connect using the Emby Connect credentials at all. It says bad password.

I can login via emby connect with the user name and password just fine.

I cannot login to Ombi with any credentials.

I uploaded my logs as I can see the 401 unauthorized in there also it says the login succeeded for my first login attempt.

I guess I'm trying to understand if by hitting the local URL I should be able to use Emby Connect credentials. This only seems to matter for Ombi as normal folks, I can tell them to use the apps URL.

Server.txt

Animosity022

I have no problem with my Emby Connect logins for the 2 accounts I was testing with. They both work with https://app.emby.media as my only difference was using the secure site for testing.

I was trying to figure out if I should be able to login via my local server/url with Emby Connect credentials. 

Are you able to sign into the local web app using Emby Connect credentials?

Animosity022

No.

The first user produces the unable to connect to server error with the attached server log in my first post.

My second user just gets failed to authenticate and never makes it past the login screen.

I just redid both logins now and attached the current server log as well.

server-63626860800.txt

Animosity022

I also tested by removing my reverse proxy, turning off SSL and just using http and got all the same results.

I can't login via my Emby Connect credentials to the local server.

Ok I did more testing and it currently requires a perfect storm of conditions, such as Emby Connect user name matching local emby username exactly. I've gone through all the scenarios and made it more flexible for the next release. Thanks.

Animosity022

Is that also related back to the 500 error it generates when they don't match?

My local account is just my first name. My Emby Connect is Animosity022. I get authenticated and then pop the 500 error in the server logs.

• Solution

Yes I saw that issue and resolved that as well, thanks.

• Like 1