TV Shows - Continue Watching or Next Up

jscheeren

jscheeren

G'Day. I love lots of things about Theatre and am wanting to use it as the main viewer for my big library of Movies and TV Shows. Congratulations to the developers. However, one of the most common things we do is watch TV Series and it is hard to keep track of where we are with Theatre. Continue Watching or Next Up on the main level for each gives a sub-list of in progress episodes or un-watched episodes, but going down those paths is incredibly frustrating because it seems to be a one way street. The key issue to me is if you want to see where that episode fits in with the series (seasons and episodes) as does Kodi or I think Plex, you can't. Why, because you may not remember what was in the previous episode so want to play some of it, or that there may be multiple episodes from a series listed in Continue Watching. This is particularly problematic if there are multiple people in the house. It appears that to get to other episodes in a series that one is watching, or even see what is listed as watched or in progress in a series, that now one has to back out several levels, then select TV Shows All, then do a search for that series and then hit multiple choices. Is there an option to display on the main level "In progress" TV Shows versus episodes? This is so important to us that it is holding us back from using Theatre as the "go to." Just as a somewhat minor point, the display of an ugly green icon (Collections in Movies) and (Upcoming in TV Shows) is IMHO a real spoiler to the look and feel of this application, which otherwise looks great. This is especially negative as I don't even set up Collections and the Upcoming link seems to be not going anywhere. 

From the episode detail screen, there are two ways to access previous/next episodes:

• Click the "season X" header text
  • Or use the "More from Season X" section right under the main details

jscheeren

Thank you very much Luke. May I just mention that I would never have figured that out, especially as the text heading gives the name of the series, but also the season but the link takes one to the series. Might I suggest that a button may be a lot more helpful to show the user this capability. I also can't quite see the usefulness of the "More from Season X" section, as it is also appears to be a dead end street and just lists a very few episodes. Just as another suggestion, as I am sure you must have heard a lot, the current system of showing whether an episode is in progress, or watched or unwatched and of changing that status, is very confusing. I still cant figure out when selecting to change a status, how to specify as an example a change of "in progress" to it being un-watched or watched. What is the symbol for un-watched and how to understand the "ticks" are the core issues as sometimes it looks like a red tick suggests a watched status and other times a green tick means that.

The check mark farm help you toggle between watched and unwatched, and anytime you do that the runtime progress will be cleared.

There isn't an unwatched icon, instead we do the check mark to indicate watched.

The season link dues bring you to the season, just tested and don't see any problems there. Thanks.