No Rottentomatoes Rating

wirehack7

wirehack7

Hello,

I'm using the latest Emby Server version on Debian 8.

Also I installed Rotten Tomatoes Reviews 3.0.6134.23469.

Problem is that are no longer any rating from Rotten Tomatoes are loaded. Before 2 versions before they have been loaded successfully. All other information to movies are loaded properly (IMDB, pictures). It's just Rotten Tomatoes which won't load.

I also tried it with manually giving ID, when entered ID and search for it no results are shown. 

I'm using 

<meta name="movieID" content="16412">

Where content is the ID.

In logs are no errors shown.

Our source for the data has temporarily removed it but hopefully it will return soon. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

The rating score yes.

Digging this one up since I'm considering donating lifetime. Is the RT rating still linked with première or I just need to enable OMDB in the "metadata downloaders" per library?

And also, I just added a movie which had 10.0 score (imdb) but now after further voting the rating is 6.9, Ive tried all 3 methods of refreshing metadata on that item and the rating keeps the 10.0 since the first entry. Is this the expected behavior without première or is it also because I just have themoviedb on the metadata downloader?

I missed OMDB when I installed the latest .NET beta and now Im a little bit scared to turn it on and run a library scan :D

Edited by djhifi

You just need omdb. There ratings do not come directly from rt, they come from omdb, so they might be a little behind based on however often omdb updates it's information.

• Like 1

You just need omdb. There ratings do not come directly from rt, they come from omdb, so they might be a little behind based on however often omdb updates it's information.

Got it. So the whole thing was taken down from Premiere and is now standard, right?

I have OMDB key for my KODI machines, but I cannot use it with the server to disable rate-limiter, or can I?

Even the imdb red star comes from OMDB then is that it? Cause I just refreshed metadata on "Apostle" and it kept the 10.0 but added the RT rating.

-----

And another thing that is not related but I've just noticed and think it's a bug. I've defined custom images (transparent .png's) to my "Movies" , "TV Shows" and "Collections" libraries.

Whenever I hit "scan all libraries" or I scan the Movies library, the server is deleting my custom image for Movies and generating the usual collage.

lne4QRE.jpg

I think this is a bug(?) since I keep re-adding the custom image and the server keeps trolling me back.  :lol:  :ph34r:

Ive tested dif. images and resolutions. To no avail. Can you check that out please? Thanks

Edited by djhifi

Sorry I don't quite understand. Just enable the omdb metadata provider for your movie library and then try adding a new movie.

Sorry I don't quite understand. Just enable the omdb metadata provider for your movie library and then try adding a new movie.

Yes I just did. I know how it works, I was asking if I could refresh metadata for the existing library to add the RT rating and I just found out myself that I can. Using refresh metadata "search for missing metadata" fills all the Rotten Tomatoes rating on all existing movies. What I was asking is if the IMDB rating displayed is also fetched from OMDB? That's the only reason why "Apostle" (movie, just 1 exemple) is still showing IMDB rating of 10.0 (its a new movie). 

And then I asked if I can use my OMDB API key but I cannot seem to find settings for the plugin you've developed (the OMDB). 

Being able to insert the API would allow me to have fresh IMDB ratings :D

And I also asked, if before you removed the RT plugin, we were able to see Rotten Tomatoes reviews in the server if we were première.

-----

Regarding the bug I posted the printscreen for, have you seen it reported before? I don't know if it's a bug but I cannot see anything in the logs to help out.

Edited by djhifi

Using refresh metadata "search for missing metadata" fills all the Rotten Tomatoes rating on all existing movies. What I was asking is if the IMDB rating displayed is also fetched from OMDB? 

Yes and yes.

There is no way to configure your own omdb key at this point.

Happy2Play

Regarding the bug I posted the printscreen for, have you seen it reported before? I don't know if it's a bug but I cannot see anything in the logs to help out.

OT:  What server version?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63638-my-media-icons-being-replaced-by-the-default-icon/

Yes and yes.

There is no way to configure your own omdb key at this point.

Version 3.6.0.54 beta .NET Core

Thanks will go to that thread instead.

Edited by djhifi