xmltv/channel metadata issue

Jorpd

Hi folks,

My issue at the moment is that movies/shows from my live tv suggestions don't have images.

Here's how I ended up here:

added m3u source

added xmltv (all default settings)

everything is perfect (images displaying in suggestions etc)

I tested a few channels, and noticed a few that I wanted to get rid of, out of sync/wrong audio etc (not emby's fault, bad source from my provider)

So i removed the m3u from emby's livetv, and the xmltv. I removed the unwanted channels from the m3u, then re-added the m3u and xmltv to emby.

Unfortunately, the channels I removed were still cached. I tried a few combinations of removing the m3u, waiting a while, making sure I couldn't search for the channel then re-adding the m3u, but the issue persisted.

I removed them both again, then removed the contents of the directory /var/lib/emby-server/cache/embytvepg and added the m3u and xmltv sources back, ran a guide refresh.

Great, the cached channels were now not appearing in my listings, but that's where I've ended up in my current situation.

Of course, I'm pretty sure the xmltv source is okay, because initially everything was working fine until I started removing the embytvepg cache.

I've attached a couple of images that I feel show the issue quite well.

Ubuntu 16.04, Emby Version 3.2.8.0

I'd rather not post logs publicly due to confidential m3u links, but if an admin wants to take a look I can PM them.

Thanks all!

post-42462-0-19624600-1491210980_thumb.png

post-42462-0-07956500-1491210982_thumb.png

I just went with Schedules direct for a workaround, I imagine by reordering the m3u in a way that the xmltv file isn't expecting then I've messed up the metadata. Resolved.

Will do.

In case I run in to further issues, are there any other directories other than  /var/lib/emby-server/cache/embytvepg that could affect this if I want to start clearing things up when troubleshooting?

Thanks.