Emby crashing on Android TV

tazp34
Go to solution Solved by tazp34,

tazp34

Looking for help when trying to log into Emby logging in changes to black screen then error message that Emby is not responding how can this be fixed.Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

wellsy1981

Hi having the same issue ive got a sony android tv running latest version of the app downloaded from appstore

tazp34

Version 1.3.21g which was updated 25/2/17 using Sony Bravia Android TV everything has been working fine till this morning where I opened app logging in stops after 2 seconds then goes to black screen when trying to quit error message appears Emby is not responding report,wait,quit option only

Version 1.3.21g which was updated 25/2/17 using Sony Bravia Android TV everything has been working fine till this morning where I opened app logging in stops after 2 seconds then goes to black screen when trying to quit error message appears Emby is not responding report,wait,quit option only

Can you tell me exactly when this last happened?

1 day before last update in February

Didn't you just say it happened this morning?

tazp34

Yes this morning apologies I thought you meant previous to that

Do you have an exact, or resonably approximate time?  Or, can you reproduce it and then tell me what time you did that?  Thanks.

9.30 am approx

20 minutes ago?  What time zone are you in...?

Okay, thanks.  Doesn't look like I'm getting a crash report from it then.  You also have a Fire TV (I see older reports with that server name)?

I found some error reports surrounding the situation where the server is not reachable but that doesn't seem to be your report - although it is possible it is the same error.  Are you sure your server is reachable from the device?

tazp34

Yes it's reachable it's only today I get the issue of Emby not able to log in I restated my server my broadband but still not able to get past log in screen

Maybe something in the network changed to make it so the TV cannot see the server, or it can't respond in a reasonable time and that is triggering the error I found.  Or, maybe it is something different but, if the app didn't update, I'm not sure what it could be other than some environmental factor the app isn't handling properly.

Can you try the beta version?

tazp34

I will try the beta version once update arrives thanks ebr for your help

Beta version fixed the issue ebr

Okay, yeah, apparently some information coming back from the server has changed recently but only in some situations and the app was not handling it well.

Thanks for confirming.