Search freezes roku

ifignella
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

ifignella

Using search, press a letter then press another letter while the icon is spinning the roku freezes. Have to unplug roku to reset.

This is 100% reproducible for you?

What, exactly where you searching and where?

ifignella

Yes it is. I went down to search on the home screen. I just picked out a movie in my library and started typing. If i go slow one letter at a time and wait for the results, it seems to go ok. If i press two letters in a row before the results come up, it will freeze.

Yes it is. I went down to search on the home screen. I just picked out a movie in my library and started typing. If i go slow one letter at a time and wait for the results, it seems to go ok. If i press two letters in a row before the results come up, it will freeze.

And this happens no matter what letters you type?

I'm asking because, while one person has reported this happening on an infrequent basis, I cannot reproduce it and it doesn't seem to happen for most people.  So it must be some specific situation we haven't uncovered yet.  Thanks.

ifignella

Yes, it has even froze up using the directional button. I'm currently waiting it out to see if it will continue on at some point. Is there anything you want me to try?

ifignella

Yes. I'm on a different roku now, one with a better connection, so I'm able to type faster since the results show faster. But it seems like if i get ahead a bit it locks up.

ifignella

I can reproduce almost every time, but I'm not sure exactly why. Some times it'll freeze on the 3rd or 4th letter, some times later. A lot of times it'll freeze as the selector is going from one letter to another halfway between the two.

My daughter actually came across this, i never use search. So if it is an isolated thing it's not really a big deal. If you still need me to help find the issue though, i can.

• Solution

Okay, thanks, I'll see if maybe I can increase the wait time between key presses and a search initiating and see if that helps.

• Like 1