NVIDIA SHIELD - Crash on startup

ModernSnpie97

ModernSnpie97

Hi when loading Emby on my nvidia shield, it goes to a loading screen then crashes itself, is there any fix for this? It comes right after putting in pin.

Thanks

CBers

I can't as I cannot get into the app due to it booting me out :(

Have you cleared data/cache or uninstalled and reinstalled?

Is your Emby server up and running?

• Like 1

Can you either reproduce this and then tell me or tell me the exact time this last happened?

Thanks.

lroughton

I have the same problem to. Downloaded the android tv app on my zoomtak box and crashes once press next after confirming the pin. when force close i re open and stays on black screen. tried clearing cache data and reinstalled several times. 

I have the same problem to. Downloaded the android tv app on my zoomtak box and crashes once press next after confirming the pin. when force close i re open and stays on black screen. tried clearing cache data and reinstalled several times. 

Can you tell me exactly what time (EDT) this happened?

Does manual server entry work?

Are you accessing a remote server or one local to your network?

• Like 1

lroughton

i couldnt remember the time pal so i have just done it again 5 seconds ago and its a remote server mate

Okay, unfortunately, I'm not getting a report for it.  Are you sure the server is accessible?  I did find a potential error in the situation where the server is not available.

lroughton

Okay, unfortunately, I'm not getting a report for it.  Are you sure the server is accessible?  I did find a potential error in the situation where the server is not available.

can you see the report via the pin connected if i give you that?

Server is defiantly running tho as i have tried it on my Samsung tv. Is there anything else i can do?

Thanks

lroughton

Sorry where can i find this version to install? 

Zoomtak box is a better spec than the cheap android tv boxes you can get. Worked flawlessly on it previously

Sorry where can i find this version to install? 

Click the link in the above post.

lroughton

Click the link in the above post.

Sorry done. How will i know when the beta is availible to download or does it overwrite my version now?

You can force an update from the Google Play store I believe - or it will update automatically.  The latest beta is 1.3.31.

lroughton

You can force an update from the Google Play store I believe - or it will update automatically.  The latest beta is 1.3.31.

Got the update still the same and just tried connecting again after clearing data and cache

Please try again with the latest beta 1.3.32.  I think it should fix your problem.