Exporting media meta data?

SirJMD

SirJMD

Is there a way to export the entire media library's meta data?

The goal is that I want to have an excel sheet with all movies in it, with all the information about resolution, codec, bitrate, subtitles etc.

Is that possible?

solabc16

Hello @@SirJMD

Under Manage Server -> Admin -> Reports you can export data to CSV.

Does this cover your needs?

Best

- James

• Like 1

SirJMD

Hello @@SirJMD

Under Manage Server -> Admin -> Reports you can export data to CSV.

Does this cover your needs?

Best

- James

Almost.. it's 99%. In the subtitles it just shows an "X", indicating that "yes, there are subtitles" - but not which. Possible to get that information?

solabc16

Hello @@SirJMD

I don't believe that's available from the canned reports, @@Luke will be able to confirm.

There would likely be a number of subtitle rows per movie in your library, would you want the rest of the information duplicated?

i.e. one row per unique movie/subtitle combination.

Best

- James

SirJMD

Hello @@SirJMD

I don't believe that's available from the canned reports, @@Luke will be able to confirm.

There would likely be a number of subtitle rows per movie in your library, would you want the rest of the information duplicated?

i.e. one row per unique movie/subtitle combination.

Best

- James

I'm thinking that the report can list the subtitles in subsequent columns (maybe limited to the first 5 or 10).

In Excel it would be rather easy to search for subtitles in a specific language, even if it's spread out over 10 columns.

I would prefer that instead of an entry per subtitle, as some of my videos have 20 subtitles.

solabc16

Hello @@SirJMD

Would you want all of the fields exported? e.g.

Language : eng
Codec : PGSSUB
Default : No
Forced : No
External : No
Title : Eng

Best
- James

I would use the reports feature. Most of it is community contributed and is in dire need of an overhaul though.

SirJMD

I would use the reports feature. Most of it is community contributed and is in dire need of an overhaul though.

But it is still missing the info I need the most - the subtitle languages in each movie.

• 11 months later...
jeflatt

I feel like a moron here. I don't seem to have the "Admin" option on my server manager. I only have one user account, so by default it must be an admin account. Why don't I see an admin option or have access to the reports?