Live TV Playback Issues After Upgrade to 3.2.10

nominion
Go to solution Solved by nominion,

nominion

@@ebr I posted this in another thread, but I figured it is probably best to start my own thread.  

Direct streamed Live TV from my HDHR Prime via Emby on my SHIELD is having significant issues since upgrading to 3.2.10.  The stream starts, but after a few minutes, it's choppy and pixelated.  Eventually, the picture freezes, but the audio continues.  I enabled debugging on the server and on my SHEILD.  Attached is the server log and I've uploaded the logs from the SHIELD.  Playback of recorded content seems to be OK.  

I disabled "Direct Stream Live TV" in the Emby app settings on the SHEILD and while it takes a bit longer to start the stream, it plays without any issues.  

Please let me know if there is any other details that I can provide that would help isolate the issue.  

server-63626579448.txt

Edited by Luke
  • Like 2

When submitting a log from the app I really need the following as outlined in the instructions so that I can locate it.  Thanks.

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

nominion

I was attempting to view live TV on channel 111.  The stream started at 2017-03-31 17:51.  The user is "nvs".  The HDHR Prime's IP address is 192.168.12.100 and the Emby server is 192.168.12.10.  The SHIELD's IP address is 192.168.11.162.  I uploaded the debug log from the SHEILD shortly thereafter.

If you need me to recreate the problem and upload the logs, I certainly an do that, just let me know.

Edited by nominion

nominion

I'm curious if the information provided so far is sufficient or if you need me to recreate the issue an upload the logs again?  Please let me know.

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, sorry.

I'm not sure what I'm going to find though if this started happening with a server update.

If you aren't already running the beta, please try that.

nominion

It appears that version 3.2.12 of the server is now available.  I will upgrade to that later today and enable direct streaming of live TV and let you know how it goes.

• Solution
nominion

After upgrading to version 3.2.12 of the server, things seem better with direct streaming live TV.  The issues I saw before would appear within 10 minutes or so of watching.  I didn't have any issues last night while watching for about an hour.  If it makes it through the day today without issue, I would think the server upgrade corrected the problem.  

• Like 1