Latest Betas Break XMLTV to M3U tvg-id mapping

maegibbons

maegibbons

Hi

@@Luke

My biggest nightmare!  The XMLTV channel-id mapping to M3U tvg-id which has been working so beutifully over the last few months is now broken in the 3.2.10 series and other recent beta's

I have rolled back to 3.2.8.9 and all is fine again.  I have not got copies of intermediate betas to check where it broke.

On 3.2.8.9 if i go in to Manual mapping I can see all the channels mapped nicely and the Guide on a refresh populates properly.

On 3,2.10.1 in Manual Mapping only a few channels are automapped and the guide is missing data all over the place.

i enclose server log following a reload of 3.2.10.1 and a guide refresh.

For now I have to go back to 3.2.8.9

Krs

Mark

server-xmltvbroke.txt

Tested, no problem found. The differences between those two versions was an hd homerun fix so I think you are just perceiving a change that isn't there.

Spaceboy

Hi

@@Luke

My biggest nightmare! The XMLTV channel-id mapping to M3U tvg-id which has been working so beutifully over the last few months is now broken in the 3.2.10 series and other recent beta's

I have rolled back to 3.2.8.9 and all is fine again. I have not got copies of intermediate betas to check where it broke.

On 3.2.8.9 if i go in to Manual mapping I can see all the channels mapped nicely and the Guide on a refresh populates properly.

On 3,2.10.1 in Manual Mapping only a few channels are automapped and the guide is missing data all over the place.

i enclose server log following a reload of 3.2.10.1 and a guide refresh.

For now I have to go back to 3.2.8.9

Krs

Mark

Hi Mark, is there any reason why you're not using SD natively now?

maegibbons

Hi

Only that in my last testing it did not work - I know it was reported working afterwards

AND the xmltv had been working very well for me!  On the basis that "if it aint broke dont fix it!!"

I may test internal routines again BUT I would like the xmltv routines fixed as well.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

maegibbons

Tested, no problem found. The differences between those two versions was an hd homerun fix so I think you are just perceiving a change that isn't there.

There were a lot of changes between 3.2.8.9 and 3.2.10.1 per the releases log.

I have tested this twice 3.2.8.9 works and 3.2.10.1 does not. 

How do you want me to prove it to you?

I am not perceiving anything - its just impereical results!!

KRs

Mark

I'm not aware of any issues, however as mentioned in the other topics, since you are running pre-release, maybe there was an issue at the time you set it up initially and now it needs to be re-done as a result of that.

maegibbons

@@Luke @@Spaceboy

Ok.  I have just tested internal SD to tvg-id mapping on my test server and it is indeed working now as you have found.

I will switch to that on my production server avoiding the need for xmltv processing and if it works i will shut up about this issue.

BUT  I can tell you 100% there is an issue between those two versions.  You are right it could be from setup and i will revert to testing that on my test server once production is sorted.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

Ok

Just an update.  My production server is now running using the Internal SD Routines and everything is very good.

I will test further the xmltv issue when I have time.

Krs

Mark

Spaceboy

Hi

Only that in my last testing it did not work - I know it was reported working afterwards

AND the xmltv had been working very well for me! On the basis that "if it aint broke dont fix it!!"

I may test internal routines again BUT I would like the xmltv routines fixed as well.

Krs

Mark

Just wanted to make sure there weren't any gaps / problems that you were seeing with the native method

maegibbons

No obvious gaps that I can see. Do you have gaps?

Krs

Mark

Spaceboy

No obvious gaps that I can see. Do you have gaps?

Krs

Mark

no, epg data looks good to me although I never did a line by line comparison.

I'm still having a few issues with recordings which I'll pick up again when I'm back from hols tomorrow. Will also put xmltv back on my test install and do the line by line check.

Cheers