Qnap TS-459 Pro+ Installation

avshmu
Go to solution Solved by frnkly,

avshmu

Tried to install Emby_2.3.9.0.qpkg with my web interface to my NAS with App Center.

Installation fails with the following line in the log:

Error 2017/03/31 19:37:04 System 127.0.0.1 localhost Emby 3.2.9.0 installation failed. The following QPKG must be installed and enabled: Qmono >= 4.4.2.1.

I searched for Qmono with a version 4.4.2.1 for the Qnap TS-459 Pro+, but couldn't find the package anywhere.

Can you help in resolving this so I can install the package on my NAS?

Hi @@avshmu, thanks for the report. It sounds like you were able to resolve this based on your other topic.

I am currently discussing this with QNAP. Thanks !

avshmu

HI Luke,

I honestly prefer to run Emby directly on my Qnap TS-459 Pro+ rather on my PC, which I usually have to do other tasks on. This will make all data gathered by Emby available for me from any device connected to it, right?

So resolving Emby running on my NAS is much favorable than using my PC as the server, which now is my only option, and as such perform miserably, at the moment.

I highly appreciate your trying yo find a solution to this topic with Qnap.

My best,

Avi

avshmu

Tried to instalEmby V2.3.10.0.qpkg -- same error:

Error 2017/04/08 22:16:18 System 127.0.0.1 localhost Emby 3.2.10.1 installation failed. The following QPKG must be installed and enabled: Qmono >= 4.4.2.1.

Just to remind you: I searched for Qmono with a version 4.4.2.1 for the Qnap TS-459 Pro+, but couldn't find the package anywhere.

Can you try the installation package for 3.2.12? I wonder if QMono is just not available for your system.

avshmu

Tried it -- failed, again.

Installation insists on this Qmono specific version. 

Can you check with Qnap, how to get this module with the required version installed on my NAS?

daniel81

Hi,

in the following link you can find different qmono versions.

https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=320&t=109446&sid=e5f7a349e889af76c3ca819ceec3385d

I'm currently running Emby on my TVS-671 with Qmono 4.8.0.520.

So any newer version than 4.4.2.1 shoud work.

I think for TS-459 Pro+ you need the x32 version.

So you'll need to run Qmono 4.6.2.7

http://www.positiv-it.fr/QNAP/APP/Qmono_4.6.2.7_x86.qpkg.zip

Daniel

• Like 1

avshmu

What @daniel81 suggested allowed me to finally install Qmono 4.6.2.7.

This enabled the installation of Emby V2.3.10.0.qpkg on my system.

THANKS @@daniel !!!

The problem now is when I run the Emby package on my NAS, it tries to open the following address:

http://192.168.1.111:8096/mediabrowser on the NAS, but fails with the following message displayed in my browser:

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.111 refused to connect.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I made sure connections are okay. I can actually browse the files and login and use QTS via http://192.168.1.111:8080/cgi-bin/

There is no proxy configured, and I also shut off my firewall.

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
breezytm

If you know how to use ssh go to command and type /etc/init.d/Emby.sh stop and then /etc/init.d/Emby.sh start or go to the QNAP webpage, stop and start the QPKG. 

• 1 month later...
avshmu

Unfortunately, none of your kind suggestions worked for me. Can't get access on my Qnap TS-459 Pro+.

Edited by avshmu

• 2 months later...

Not sure if my message to Luke went through. Anyway, it still related to the installation of the sever on my Qnap TS-459 Pro+:

Hi,

I finally managed to install the latest Emby server o my Qnap TS-459 Pro+.

- Qmono: V4.6.2.7

- Emby Server: V3.2.27.0

Going through the configuration wizard I defined/configured the libraries, and they seem to have started collecting and showing data.

Unfortunately, I'm now stack in the Setup FFmpeg screen:

I placed the FFmpeg folder I downloaded (ffmpeg-3.3.3-32bit-static) and extracted directly in \shared\Public folder.

Trying to configure FFmpeg path to /shared/public is rejected with the message: "We're unable to locate FFmpeg using the path you've entered. FFprobe is also required and must exist in the same folder. These components are normally bundled together in the same download. Please check the path and try again.", preventing me to go on with the configuration wizard.

Can you help resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Avi5999ff2d3dc70_ffmpeg.png

Edited by avshmu

Did you mark the downloaded files as executable? It's possible that emby is able to locate them but not able to execute them.

We're going to need the emby server log because it might be using the same error message if unable to execute, sorry. I'll have to double check on that.

The other thing you can try is pointing directly to the ffmpeg executable and not just the folder.

Running on the Qnap NAS - how can I mark the files executable?

Which of them should be marked as such?

Ticked the Execute checkbox for the files FFmpeg and FFprob in File Station on the NAS -- Does that make them executable?

Also pointed directly to the FFmpeg file...

According to File Station, the folder FFmpeg parh is: /public

Still, the system can't find them.

Edited by avshmu

Still not solved...

- Qmono: V4.6.2.7

- Emby Server: V3.2.27.0

Going through the configuration wizard I defined/configured the libraries, and they seem to have started collecting and showing data.

Unfortunately, I'm now stuck in the Setup FFmpeg screen, not able to get FFmpeg directory located.

Edited by avshmu

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hey avshmu, I had the same problem as you just now. I was able to complete the installation by using this path instead: /mnt/ext/opt/medialibrary/bin

Turns out ffmpeg was already on my qnap device. It might be there for you too.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi fmkly,

Wow! Your tip has instantly solved my problem -- I was finally able to complete the installation process.

Many, many thanks!!!   :)

Thanks for the info guys. We are working on our own QNAP package that will be fully managed by us and pretty soon you won't see that screen ever again. Thanks !