Is there a tutorial for separate movie library?

ProphetSe7en

ProphetSe7en

I am trying to figure out how I can create two separate library for movies. One for all movies and one for the children. Then I want two separate entries on the home screen for the two of them.

Is this possible? If so, can someone explain to me how it is done?

barat

AFAIR you need to make playlists and just add menu items which point to those playlists. That's how i separated Anime from regular TV series

ProphetSe7en

I dont want 2 profiles. I want it to be as simple as possible for the youngest to start the activity on Harmony remote and automatically get to the library for movies that is in his interest to watch.

Is it possible to create a shortcut to a movie genre?

If a create a playlist, do I have to add each movie manually, or can I add all movies in a genre?

hstamas

I dont want 2 profiles. I want it to be as simple as possible for the youngest to start the activity on Harmony remote and automatically get to the library for movies that is in his interest to watch.

Is it possible to create a shortcut to a movie genre?

If a create a playlist, do I have to add each movie manually, or can I add all movies in a genre?

Smart Playlist with genre as your criteria will most definitely do the trick. I do that all the time.

kmarq13

Way I did it.

Have two separate folders for movies (ie \Movies and \KidsMovies). Add both of those in Emby as separate libraries. This will make them separate in Emby as well, so if you don't want that then you should follow one of the above suggestions. I did so I could allow kids profiles access to the kidsmovies without access to All movies in the Emby app itself. 

So now that you have two libraries created, in Kodi (I use Titan skin so depending on skin it may vary) use the smart shortcuts to map to Kids Movies for that library entry. For All Movies map to your local Kodi movies library. The way the syncing works is that the local library will have all movies and you can use smart shortcuts to get to the specific ones.