Unraid Emby Server WebUI Very Slow

pjhaddock

pjhaddock

Ok so I've been using Emby Server Docker on my Unraid box for a while now. The webui is almost always VERY slow to respond. Most of the time it takes a few minutes to bring up anything. I included a pic of what the screen does most of the time. Sometimes once it finally responds it is fast, but will usually go back to being very slow during use. During the time of waiting the CPU never goes above like 5-10% and the RAM is always ~20%. I have a cache pool that the docker runs on and can always transfer to it 80-90MBps, even when I'm stuck waiting for Emby webui to respond. The docker size is 20GB with about 5GB used. I can't figure this out. Thanks for any advice.

The CPU is an A6-7400k with 8GB of DDR3.

58dd2baa111b8_20170330_070401.jpg

pjhaddock

Thanks! After posting this I actually removed all of my dockers (just 3) and deleted the docker.img. Then recreated it and installed the Emby Server docker again. It seemed to be faster for a few but is now back to taking forever to do anything in the webui. I attached the log. There is a (slow) notation in there a bunch from when I click different things in the webui. Thanks again for any help you may have. It eventually works but it sure is frustrating having to wait so much.

Log.txt

Edited by pjhaddock

Hi, try removing the kodi sync plugin and see if that has an effect, which, regardless of what you end up coming back with it will have some impact. Aside from that things look pretty normal. Are you just not giving the container much resources from the host system?

pjhaddock

Thanks again. The container has full access to everything as far as I know? If there is a way to restrict or allow resources I have no idea how to do it? I just looked in my plugins and don't have a Kodi Sync plugin. Here is all I have. 

58dd5111803d7_20170330_143834.jpg

pjhaddock

Oh ok. I went in and uninstalled it (I use Kodi to access my Emby server) and restarted the docker. No change. I attached a recent log that should cover all of it. 

Log.txt

Yea there are some really slow database queries in this log. I've not seen this before, even on systems with fewer resources.

pjhaddock

Well I decided to wipe out my old Emby install and start fresh. I just renamed EmbyServer to EmberServerOld in the appdata folder so hopefully I could go back if needed. Hopefully that's the only place I needed to worry about. I also used the backup plugin before wiping it out so that I can get my watched status back. It is currently in the process of scanning/refetching everything (about an hour in). I will post back here what happens after it is done.   

Harblar

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring here as well. UnRAID Docker and experiencing the same slow response. I can't even browse my library via the web interface. It won't load all the data and seems to hang if I take more than 2-3 clicks to access an item.

Not sure, but I think it migh be having an effect on my Emby Theater app as well. once I scroll past Movies starting with R-S, Theater no longer displays any Images.

Most recent Log below.

server-63626942579.txt

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring here as well. UnRAID Docker and experiencing the same slow response. I can't even browse my library via the web interface. It won't load all the data and seems to hang if I take more than 2-3 clicks to access an item.

Not sure, but I think it migh be having an effect on my Emby Theater app as well. once I scroll past Movies starting with R-S, Theater no longer displays any Images.

Most recent Log below.

@@Harblar, try removing the cover art plugin.

• Like 1

Harblar

You, Good Sir, are on a roll this evening!  Fixed both issues instantly!   Though, I really liked the Cover art plugin. I've got a large mix of DVD, Bluray, and Hd-DVD and it made it really easy to tel what was what at a quick glance. Oh well... I'd rather have it at least be responsive. :-)

• 4 weeks later...
pjhaddock

Well I wiped out and freshly installed the Emby Docker. No change. I upgrade my cache drives to larger/faster drives. No change. I took a couple older drives out of the raid pool and replaced them with new drives (wanted to upgrade space anyway). Still no change. I attached a new server log. Any ideas of what to do? There is still a bunch of "slow" notations in the log. Thanks again.   

Log.txt

pjhaddock

It's on an Unraid Server. The storage drives (6 drives) are all 2-3tb 5400rpm drives xfs format, the parity drive is 4tb, and the cache pool drives are both 1tb 7200rpm btrfs format. 16tb total 9tb used. It seems to be something within the Emby docker. I installed Plex back when I started trying to figure it out and loaded the same libraries just to see and it's pretty much instant with everything, I just don't like Plex nearly as much which is why I pay for Emby Premiere. Thanks again Luke. 

• 6 months later...

I also have some issues with this. With Unraid and the web UI and the android app are not really responsive. A lot of spinning.

Heres a log if it helps you

Thanks

Log.txt

Edited by inkubux

pjhaddock

I still have the same problem 6 months later but it has gotten better. I assume with new releases and updates. Now when it happens it only takes like maybe 15-20 seconds to respond. Let me know if anything you do ends up helping. 

I still have the same problem 6 months later but it has gotten better. I assume with new releases and updates. Now when it happens it only takes like maybe 15-20 seconds to respond. Let me know if anything you do ends up helping. 

Can you please attach the emby server log? you can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

Thanks it's night and day when deleting this plugin.

I totally forgot that I installed this plugin a while ago.

Thanks

Talked to fast :( It's back to the same speed. I attached a Log file to the the form with the kodi sync plugin disabled.

Log.txt

Edited by inkubux

Here is one from my local network to iron out the external latency. It took 15 secs to open up the home page

there is a lot of request over 1s like this one:

2017-11-06 18:43:33.710 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.2.32. Time: 15717ms (slow). http://192.168.2.29:8096/emby/Users/2ec276a2642e54a19b612b9418a8bd3b/Items/Resume?Limit=12&Recursive=true&Fields=PrimaryImageAspectRatio%2CBasicSyncInfo&ImageTypeLimit=1&EnableImageTypes=Primary%2CBackdrop%2CThumb&EnableTotalRecordCount=false&MediaTypes=Video

Log2.txt

Edited by inkubux