Guide data cost more money?

stevie.

stevie.

i signed up thinking premier includes some from of guide for live tv/dvr. in the settings it's telling me to sign up for a schedule direct account.. so i proceed only to find out i have to pay an additional fee on top of paying for premier? i use an hdhomerun prime with plex and i get guide data included.. also, with kodi i get guide data, and it's FREE. am i missing something here, or do i really have to pay extra on top of premier for some guide data??

Jdiesel

There are free options as well, you will have to generate your own xml though. Zap2xml is popular.

Edited by Jdiesel

stevie.

eh figures it requires additional fees..

i will stick with plex/kodi, doesn't require any of that crap.

no wonder there's no free trial!

how do i cancel my emby subscription? i used a credit card and don't see nothing to do this..

You get it for free from our competitors but they also charge more for their lifetime subscription. We are always investigating new options for guide data and it's possible we may go a similar route in the future.

FYI there zap2xml is something that could be used as a free option to generate xmltv data. A lot of people here are doing that.

BAlGaInTl

Ultimately, guide data isn't free.  You have to pay for it one way or another.

I've found the SchedulesDirect is worth the small fee considering what you get.

I think you may have given up too soon.  Other than premier specific features/plugins, you can try out everything on Emby for free.  Yes, there may be nags or limited viewing times, but it all works.  I just recently switched from Plex to Emby, so I'm familiar with both systems.

In addition, Schedules Direct also offers a free 7 day trial that you could use to test and compare to other free options. 

Do what I did.  Use the free version of everything to try out Emby, and then decide what you want.