API PHP

causefx

thatoneguy99

@@CBers, You have over 11k posts on this forum? That is NUTS!!! The fact that you still ask questions here and there on the Org Gitter makes me feel good about my self. Its nice to know I will never know it all!

• Like 2

The Emby for Kodi add-on is built with php so it would have been possible to first build an api library php and then use that from Kodi as well as other php projects. 

But we didn't do it this way and I can understand why, as it's a lot of work. Way back when we ported the library to java, it was a major effort that stalled development of the android app until it was done.  So that is basically why we don't have a standalone PHP library, it's just a lot to maintain. But given enough time and resources it would certainly be a great thing to have.

• 4 weeks later...
mgworek

Just wanted to say before this was posted I was looking for php api info as well so if you ever do create one, you have another person who would use it.

I should use this as an excuse to learn a new language. Of course it only took me like 3 months to finally try the pi client soooooooooo. Need to make time to learn!