BackDrop Screensaver didn't work right

paulpanzer1968

paulpanzer1968

Dear Supporter,

Please be informed that the BackDropScreen Saver didn't work right. When I try only covers one by one came up. The Cover Screen Saver works fine.

Do you have an idea why ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Stephan

You can only have one plug-in screen saver installed at a time.  If you want the Backdrop one, then un-install the Cover one.

You said the cover screen saver was kicking in.  Now you say the screen freezes.  Is this after you un-installed the cover screen saver?

Are you using the latest version of the Backdrop screen saver?

paulpanzer1968

Yes, I un-installed the Cover Screen Saver and then the Screen freezes when the Backdrop Screen Saver wants to start. I use the latest version of the Backdrop Screen saver !

Okay, can you please define "Screen freezes"?

Does that mean you cannon navigate away from it?

May I please see an MBC log when this happens?

paulpanzer1968

Yes, I use the Subdued Theme and when I open the Media Browser classic the covers scroll down and I set the Screensaver to one Minute.

After one Minute the cover scroll down stopped and the screen is a little bit dark then before and I only can close the Browser, nothing else.

I will sent you the MBC log this evening from home.

Should I attach the MBC log as a txt File ?

Just attach the log to a post in here.  But, I think Subdued has its own screen saver.  Can you try with either Chocolate or Classic and see if it is the same?

paulpanzer1968

It is the same with the classic theme. Please find my log file :

I don't find the attach documents button.

Edited by paulpanzer1968

That is a server log.  I need the MBC log.  See the post on how to report a problem to find it.

Plus, don't try and paste the contents in here it will be too big.  Attach it.  Zip it if it is too big.

AdrianW

I just installed the backdrop screensaver (2.0.0.1) in MBC and the only issue I see is that the titles it shows are the name of the containing folder.

So, as I have backdrops in season folders and special folders, I'll often get an image with the title "Season 1" or "Specials" which isn't all that useful.

Any chance of showing the show name when the backdrop comes from a TV folder? I'm pretty sure the backdrop screen saver for MB2 would show the correct show name.

Also, I think @@mentasm's idea to use the logo.png, if it exists, is a good one.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

AdrianW

The MB2 version just didn't show season backdrops and that's probably what I'll have this do as well.

That's a shame as there's a lot of season artwork that will be skipped. But, then again I never really noticed that it wasn't showing in MB2, so I think that's a reasonable compromise.

Is there any chance of including the logo.png idea? I wonder if superimposing a static image over a zooming image is trickier than just showing text.

• Like 1

I can highly recommend the way the screensaver in Subdued handles it... there's a checklist in their screensaver config section to check or uncheck pulling backdrops from your various collections... Movies, TV, Home Videos, etc etc... whatever collections you have. I can certainly see the value to this, especially if somebody had an Adult collection! Can you imagine having backdrops from that one popping up when the family's viewing??? Eek!

paulpanzer1968

So , I helped myself by deletion and re-installation a lot , the Backdrop Screen Saver run again :-)

Thank you very much again for your support and helb. The tools are very nice and great :-)

mentasm

I've only just started noting some backdrops showing up with 'Season 1' etc and the caption.  Pretty sure it didn't use to do that

AdrianW

It's not that tricky it is just a matter of finding time to work on stuff like this.

@@ebr - I guess you managed to find the time :) Thanks very much.

The logos look really good - great work there.

But, there's always a but, ;)  - it looks like when it shows a backdrop from a season folder I'm getting the text "Unknown" displayed.

So, I basically get a logo.png or "Unknown". It was showing "unknown" for some shows that definitely have logo.png files in the main show folder.

(I have all metadata and images saved locally to the video folders).

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1