Can't disconnect from Chromecast

Corteq

Corteq

I have 2 iPads and 2 iPhones used to cast movies from Emby Server to 2 different TV's in the home. One uses the regular Chromecast and one Ultra. Connecting and playback seems fine but I cannot disconnect from any of the devices. I have to use Google Home to disconnect.

I find no problem disconnecting from other apps such as YouTube, it is only when using Emby.

Corteq

Hi, what do you mean exactly by you can't disconnect?

I connect my iPad to the TV by tapping the Chromecast icon and selecting the device (TV) I wish to cast to. The media plays. If I wish to disconnect the procedure is also to tap the Chromecast icon and as it is currently connected you are given the option to disconnect. However, selecting that option does not disconnect Emby, it simply stops whatever is playing and leaves on the screen the Emby logo and the message Ready to cast. But I cannot connect again to the TV until I go to Google Home, select the device and choose Stop Casting. Clearly the Chromecast device is in a hung state. No other app does this when casting.

Disconnecting should terminate the connection to Emby and leave you back at the Google wallpaper.

Proper disconnection is important. If you don't disconnect, the system remains active and will not go to sleep, using power and locking the device so that nobody else can use it.

• 1 month later...
crypto

Hi, we'll review this for a future update. thanks !

Thank you.  Please consider this more then just a review issue.  

Corteq

Thank you.  Please consider this more then just a review issue.  

This problem was resolved in a recent update. Are you still having issues with this crypto?

crypto

This problem was resolved in a recent update. Are you still having issues with this crypto?

yes, iphone 4s iOS 9.3.5 chromecast Ultra and 2.0

Corteq

yes, iphone 4s iOS 9.3.5 chromecast Ultra and 2.0

We're using an iPhone 6, 6s Plus and a couple of iPads. The newer the model the better the performance and behaviour. My wife's iPad 2 mini is the weakest model and is slow to connect and manage EMBY so we tend to use the newer phones for the best experience. It could be the 4s is just too old. This is only my guess, but seems likely.

crypto

We're using an iPhone 6, 6s Plus and a couple of iPads. The newer the model the better the performance and behaviour. My wife's iPad 2 mini is the weakest model and is slow to connect and manage EMBY so we tend to use the newer phones for the best experience. It could be the 4s is just too old. This is only my guess, but seems likely.

thanks I'll tell my 6 yr old to buy a new phone

Thanks for the feedback !