PlayingItems API Problem

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Hi All,

Recently I started some basic analysis of the Samsung API for creating a Smart TV App. However I have come across a problem in using the API.. 

I have been able to get a user authorised but I cannot get the playingitems api call to register with the server... Below are the specifics:

Code:

xmlHttp = new XMLHttpRequest();
        alert (url);

xmlHttp.open( "POST", url , false );

xmlHttp.setRequestHeader("Authorisation", "MediaBrowser");
        xmlHttp.setRequestHeader("UserId", "4b4c128121aa642086bb225659a7d471");
        xmlHttp.setRequestHeader("Client", "other");
        xmlHttp.setRequestHeader("Device", "Samsung TV");
        xmlHttp.setRequestHeader("DevideId", "0000000000001");
        xmlHttp.setRequestHeader("Version", "1.0.0.0");
        xmlHttp.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", 'application/json; charset=UTF-8'); 

xmlHttp.send(null);
        alert (xmlHttp.responseText);

I get no responseText which I assume is ok (none seems defined in the API docs) but nothing shows up in the active connections either in the dashboard.. Have tried to look through the logs but I don't see anything - If i send the values through as a JSON in the body I get a nullreference error..

I assume I'm completely misunderstanding the API at this point - probably being dumb!!

Thanks

the identification values are not separate values, they all go into authorization. use the chrome debugger in the web client to see an example.

chessdragon136

Ok thanks - Have altered it to be:

alert (url);

xmlHttp.setRequestHeader("Authorization", "MediaBrowser Client='Android', Device='Samsung Smart TV', DeviceId='00000000000000000000000000000000', Version='1.0.0.0', UserId='4b4c128121aa642086bb225659a7d471'");
        xmlHttp.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", 'application/json; charset=UTF-8'); 

xmlHttp.send(null);

What API requirements do I need to fulfil to get it showing in the Active Connections on the dashboard? And are there any server side tools that i can use to check the headers are sent correctly?

Thanks,

you need to authenticate and that should be about it. the dashboard will show the session without an image, but that can be added later.

chessdragon136

I was hoping you wouldn't say that.. I authenticate on the program launch and get the below in the log file

"2014-02-09 17:05:49.5503 Info - App: Authentication request for Steve has succeeded."

url = this.ServerURL + "/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=xml";

xmlHttp.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", 'application/xml'); 

//The below needs to become dynamic at some point!
        var params = "<AuthenticateUserByName xmlns:i='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xmlns='http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/MediaBrowser.Api'><Password>REMOVED for security</Password><Username>Steve</Username></AuthenticateUserByName>";              

xmlHttp.send(params);

Any thoughts? - Feel free to ask for logs if need

chessdragon136

Ok it now shows in the dashboard but doesnt show the playing video - its progress :D - Thanks for your help

Edited by chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Thanks - Will take a look, although will have to test jQuery on the TV to see if it can handle it