switching to new user doesn't work

ifignella

ifignella

Switching to new user brings up home screen but doesn't have any items in it.  Restart required, then new user is logged in and items show.

Hi.  Can you please describe exactly what you are doing so we can try and reproduce?

Are the two users on the same server?

ifignella

Yes. One server. One user logged in. Go to either select server or sign out then choose a different user. I get the spinning icon, the home screen shows but no name in the corner and no library items. I can't reproduce it right now. I'd say it happen 5-6 times over the last week. I would let it sit and work a few minutes to see if it would eventually show, then I'd restart. After restarting, the user i was switching to would now be logged in. It doesn't do it every time.

ifignella

I got this to happen again. Here is an image of what I see.  The only button that will work to get out is the home button.  The roku sat idle for about 4 hours before I started emby, first thing I did when presented with the home screen was to switch users.  The screen doesn't appear to be frozen as the time continues to move.  I'm trying to figure out any pattern to when or why, but so far it just seems random.

58d96c25c4d35_20170327_193418158_iOS.jpg

Edited by ifignella

So the roku was idle with the emby app already running, or you launched the emby app?

ifignella

So the roku was idle with the emby app already running, or you launched the emby app?

The emby app was not running at the time, I was on the roku home page.

I was wondering if it had something to do with the fact that I started it then switched users right away, but on a different roku I tried that and it switched users ok.  That roku was also idle on the roku home page for hours also, so same situation but couldn't reproduce.

Edited by ifignella

Before you switched users did the emby app successfully show content of the previously logged in user?

ifignella

Before you switched users did the emby app successfully show content of the previously logged in user?

Yes, it did.  And once I restart the app, the new user is then logged in so it looks like it's getting the switch but not the library.

• 2 weeks later...
ifignella

I'm still getting this occasionally. When the screen goes blank i can't navigate, so i can't get to send logs. Is there another way to get them to you?

I'm still getting this occasionally. When the screen goes blank i can't navigate, so i can't get to send logs. Is there another way to get them to you?

Unfortunately, no.  If you can figure out exactly what scenario causes it, please let us know.